Members of Elon's Presidential Search Committee have been selected and campus meetings are scheduled for March 14-15.
March 1, 2017
Dear members of the Elon community,
Thank you for the many recommendations we received for membership of the Presidential Search Committee. Our goal was to form a group of wise and committed individuals who represent the rich diversity of our community, including trustees, students, alumni, faculty, staff and parents. I am pleased to report that we have finalized the membership and are ready to begin our work.
Search Committee membership
Eight trustees and seven non-trustee members of the Elon community make up the Presidential Search Committee. The members include six Elon alumni and five parents. They include the following:
- Wesley Elingburg P’11 (chair) – Trustee
- Noel Allen ’69 P’07 (co-vice-chair) – Trustee
- Kebbler McGhee Williams ’98 (co-vice-chair) – Trustee
- Kerrii Anderson ’79 – Chair, Board of Trustees
- Edward Doherty P’07 – Trustee
- Chris Martin ’78 P’13 – Trustee
- Edmond Moriarty P’15 P’18 – Trustee
- Douglas Spencer ’16 – Youth Trustee
- David Copeland – A. J. Fletcher Professor and Professor of Communications
- Casey DiRienzo – Professor of Economics
- Joel Karty – Chair of Academic Council, Professor of Chemistry
- Lisa Keegan ’03 – Assistant Vice President and Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- Morgan Bodenarain – Class of 2018, Executive President-Elect of the Student Government Association
- Caroline Dean – Class of 2018
- Steven House – Provost and Executive Vice President
Presidential search survey
On March 1 we sent a confidential survey via email to all Elon students, alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends. Please take a few minutes to answer the three questions about Elon’s future priorities and the qualities and experiences you would like to see in the next president. This will be valuable information to the Search Committee in evaluating candidates. If the survey doesn’t reach your inbox, feel free to send your input about the search to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 10.
Opportunities to share your thoughts about the presidential search
On Tuesday, March 14, and Wednesday, March 15, I will be joined on campus by representatives of our search firm, Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, for a series of meetings with faculty and staff and a student open forum. These critical discussions will lay the foundation for the search and help define the qualities we are seeking in the next president.
- Elon staff are invited to a meeting at 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 14, in McKinnon Hall of the Moseley Center
- Elon faculty are invited to a meeting at 4:15 p.m., Tuesday, March 14, in McKinnon Hall of the Moseley Center
- Elon students are invited to an open forum at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 14, in McKinnon Hall of the Moseley Center
After these sessions and meetings with other small groups and individuals, the Search Committee will hold its first meeting and review the input gathered in person and from the search survey.
Up-to-date information about the search is available on a special website: www.elon.edu/presidentialsearch. Please refer prospective candidates to this website and watch for periodic updates on the search progress.
Thank you again for your interest and involvement as we begin the historic search for Elon’s ninth president.
Wesley Elingburg P’11
Elon University trustee
Chair, Presidential Search Committee