The Office of Cultural and Special Programs is communicating the following information to seniors, President's List and Dean's List honorees planning to process at Spring Convocation at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 4.
As the university community prepares for Spring Convocation, congratulations on your achievements.
As a participant in Spring Convocation, you will march in academic regalia and have a reserved seat. Seniors will wear their maroon bachelor’s robes. Students who march with President’s and Dean’s List will wear black bachelor’s robes borrowed from the university. Robes are available at the Barnes & Noble campus shop on North Williamson Avenue. Please be prepared to show your Phoenix Card to pick up a robe for Spring Convocation.
Students who do not have a 2:20 p.m. class should arrive at the Koury Athletic Center at 3 p.m. This will help to quickly organize the processional line. Thursday classes that begin at 2:20 p.m. will dismiss at 3 p.m., which means all students should be in line by 3:15 p.m. wearing their academic robes.
The student lines will form on the exterior walkways outside Koury Athletic Center.
Per the diagram below:
- Last names A-L line up under the columns facing Williamson Avenue
- Last names M-Z will line up under the columns facing Young Commons and Belk Library
University staff will organize the line.
- Please be on time and no later than 3:15 p.m.
- Travel light and keep any valuables with you, including backpacks.
- Wear light clothing under academic robes to be most comfortable in the gym.
- The ceremony will conclude at approximately 5 p.m. with the student recessional.
- University staff will direct the recessional. Please remain at your seats until your row is called.
- You will exit/recess in the same manner as the start. University staff will direct students out of the gym.