All faculty and staff should read this important message about signups for required monthly COVID-19 testing.
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Thank you for your participation in arrival COVID-19 testing and Healthy Elon precautions. Our positivity rate for the 42,700+ tests completed on campus thus far since January stands at 0.72%.
Below please find updates regarding:
- Sign up for required staff and faculty monthly testing on campus
- Testing on campus for faculty and staff who are feeling ill, experiencing symptoms, new employees, or those notified about being a close contact
- Revised testing policy for those 2-weeks past full vaccination.
Sign up for Staff and Faculty Monthly Testing
Click below to sign up for required staff and faculty testing in March, April, and May:
- Click here to sign up for your required test in March
- Click here to sign up for your required test in April
- Click here to sign up for your required test in May
Please sign up for all of your monthly tests by Friday, March 12.
Faculty and staff are not expected to test if they:
- Are in quarantine or still within the 90 days of a positive test result.
- Have received accommodations to be completely remote for the entire Spring Semester.
- Have received both doses of the vaccine (see below for full information).
Faculty and staff volunteering with student COVID-19 Testing do NOT need to sign up for monthly testing. You will continue to be tested prior to your weekly shift. If you’ve made an appointment, please cancel it.
The following faculty and staff should not sign up, as their monthly testing is handled through separate testing accommodations:
- The School of Law tests on the Greensboro campus
- The School of Health Sciences tests at the Francis Center
- Athletics coaches and staff test at Schar Center
- Physical Plant staff will receive separate instructions from supervisors
- Auxiliary Services staff will receive separate instructions from supervisors
Graduate students have already been communicated with about their monthly testing.
Do not come to Alumni Gym if you are feeling ill or experiencing symptoms.
Testing if Feeling Ill, Notified about being a Close Contact, or a New Employee
If you are feeling ill, experiencing symptoms, or notified about having been exposed to a positive case, please contact the Faculty/Staff Health & Wellness Clinic (336.278.5569) to schedule a test. HR communicates the new hire testing protocol to all new employees.
Revised Testing Policy for Those Who Have Been Vaccinated
Due to changes in CDC guidelines, campus policies regarding testing and quarantining have changed. Students, faculty, and staff who have waited 14 additional days since being fully vaccinated (received both doses for vaccines that require two doses) for COVID-19 and submitted documentation (see below), will no longer be expected to:
- Participate in required campus testing for the following 90 days
- Quarantine as a close contact for the following 90 days.
*These guidelines do not apply if the employee has symptoms suggestive of COVID-19.
Fully vaccinated employees who are deemed a close contact, must self-quarantine at home and contact their health care provider or the Faculty Staff Health and Wellness Clinic regarding next steps.
Upload your vaccination documentation
All students, faculty, and staff who have been fully vaccinated, must complete the COVID-19 Testing Exception form and attach their vaccine documentation (COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) when submitting their form. No individual will be considered fully vaccinated unless they have provided proof of both doses and an additional 14 days have passed.
Look for more information soon about vaccines.
Thank you for your continued commitment to the health of our community,
The Ready & Resilient Committee
- Jeff Stein, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Assistant Professor of English (Chair)
- Dan Anderson, Vice President of University Communications
- Ginette Archinal, Medical Director of Student Health and University Physician
- MarQuita Barker, Director of Residence Life
- John Barnhill, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Tom Flood, Assistant Vice President of Physical Plant
- Jason Husser, Associate Professor of Political Science and Policy Studies, and Director of the Elon Poll (Academic Council Representative)
- Deandra Little, Assistant Provost, Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and Professor of English
- Paul Miller, Assistant Provost for Academic Operations and Communications and Professor of Exercise Science
- Kelly Reimer, Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies (Staff Council Representative)
- Carrie Ryan, Director of Auxiliary Services
- Kelli Shuman, Associate Vice President for Human Resources & Chief Human Resources Officer
- Gabie Smith, Dean of Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology
- Mary Southern, Project Manager for Provost and Academic Affairs Operations (Project Manager)
- Mike Ward, Deputy Director of Athletics
- Randy Williams, Vice President and Associate Provost for Inclusive Excellence and Assistant Professor of Education