The recognition was compiled by Business North Carolina, a statewide magazine
Business North Carolina, a news magazine serving the state for the past 40 years, includes Elon University President Connie Ledoux Book in its inaugural list of North Carolina’s most influential business leaders. The “Power List 2021” is posted on the magazine’s website and included in the May print edition.
President Book is included in the education category, one of 18 different industry categories in the listing. Business North Carolina notes that the state “is nationally known for its public and private universities and 58-campus community college system, which are often cited as key factors in the state’s growth.”
Book commented on Elon’s distinction, with a students-first culture. “We believe in the power of relationships and hard work,” Book said.
The “Power List” education category includes 27 leaders. Presidents and chancellors included on the list are:
- Connie Ledoux Book – Elon University
- Kelli Brown – Western Carolina University
- J. Bradley Creed – Campbell University
- Kandi Deitemeyer – Central Piedmont Community College
- Sheri Everts – Appalachian State University
- Sharon L. Gaber – University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Frank Gilliam Jr. – University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Kevin Guskiewicz – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Harold Martin – North Carolina A&T State University
- Vincent Price – Duke University
- Nido Qubein – High Point University
- Carol Quillen – Davidson College
- Scott Ralls – Wake Technical Community College
- Philip Rogers – East Carolina University
- Jose “Zito” Sartarelli – University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Randy Woodson – North Carolina State University
“Power List 2021” is a collective report providing facts about prominent people and their affiliated institutions. It includes wisdom, insight and some humor from the more than 200 listees who responded to the invitation to answer several questions about their organizations, interests and passions. The list contains profiles of more than 500 influential leaders across North Carolina.