Members of the class and their guests will return to campus Sept. 3-5 for a variety of events culminating in the commencement ceremony in Schar Center.
Dear Members of the Class of 2020,
The entire campus community is thrilled to welcome you and your family back to campus September 3-5, 2021, for a long-awaited Commencement celebration!
At this time, based on current health guidelines and expectations for attendance, each graduate can bring at least four guests to the in-person ceremony. Please note that event times will be finalized when the football game time is announced. Registration for Commencement related events will open by the end of June.
Friday, September 3, 2021
- Alumni Hospitality and Information Center, 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m., Martin Alumni Center: Drop by for refreshments, your class of 2020 t-shirt, cap and gown pick-up, and additional information.
- Department Open Houses: 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m., various locations: Stop by your favorite campus departments and offices to reconnect with classmates, staff, and faculty.
- Deans’ Receptions: 5:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m., various locations: A chance for graduates to celebrate with school and college deans, faculty, staff, and classmates in their academic programs.
Saturday, September 4, 2021
- Lavender Graduation Ceremony, time and location TBD: A graduation ceremony focused on and honoring the achievements of LGBTQIA graduates.
- Donning of the Kente Ceremony, time and location TBD: A rich cultural ceremony celebrating the achievements of students who recognize their African roots.
- Class of 2020 Family Tailgate Village, time TBD, Lake Mary Nell: Bring your friends and family to tailgate along Lake Mary Nell before the game.
- Elon vs. Wofford Football Game, Time TBD., Rhodes Stadium: Watch the Phoenix take on the Terriers.
- Class of 2020 Celebration under the Oaks, 7:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.: A long-awaited and much deserved evening of live music, dancing, food trucks, beer garden, and conversation with friends. It will be a celebration you won’t want to miss.
Sunday, September 5, 2021
- Commencement Brunch, 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m., location TBD: Graduates and their families are invited to join University leaders before Commencement exercises for a delicious brunch.
- Class of 2020 Commencement, 1:00 p.m., Schar Center: Graduates, families, and guests will officially celebrate their achievements. These formal ceremonies in caps and gowns will include a message from the class president, the Commencement address from Elon parent Leonard Dick, the President’s charge to graduates, and saplings. Live streamed at www.elon.edu/live.
The university will follow guidelines from local, state, and national health officials regarding COVID-19. All participants and guests are encouraged to be vaccinated; those who are not vaccinated will be required to wear a mask indoors and are strongly encouraged to be tested before coming to campus.
We look forward to welcoming you, your friends, and your family members back to campus in just over three months. Look for an email from the Office of Alumni Engagement with further details and reservation requests.
Executive Director of Cultural & Special Programs
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships