The committee will be sending out a 60-second survey this week to help plan for additional booster clinics on campus.
Dear members of the Elon community,
The CDC now recommends that “everyone 18 years or older should get their booster shot.” Many health experts say that full vaccination should be considered a three-shot series for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or a two-shot series for Johnson & Johnson.
To promote our community’s level of booster vaccination, we ask three things:
- Elon encourages all students, faculty, and staff to get a booster before Winter Term. Use the vaccine locator website to find booster locations near you.
- Regardless of your booster status, please complete the 60-second survey, coming from Healthy@Elon.edu tomorrow or Friday, so we can better plan for additional booster clinics on campus.
- Upload your booster documentation to Elon’s vaccination portal.
- Concerned about recovery time after a booster? Schedule your booster after finals when you can plan for a day to get some rest.
- Unsure when you received your original vaccine dose(s)? Look it up at the top of the My Healthy Status website.
- Received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine? Health experts suggest you will likely get more coverage with a Pfizer or Moderna booster (two months or more after the J&J vaccine).
In appreciation for your efforts in creating a Healthy Elon,
Jeff Stein, Healthy Elon Committee Chair
- Dan Anderson, Special Assistant to the President
- Ginette Archinal, Medical Director of Student Health and University Physician
- MarQuita Barker, Assistant Dean of Campus Life and Director of Residence Life
- John Barnhill, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Tom Flood, Assistant Vice President of Physical Plant
- Jason Husser, Associate Professor of Political Science and Policy Studies, and Director of the Elon Poll (Academic Council Representative)
- Deandra Little, Assistant Provost, Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and Professor of English
- Paul Miller, Associate Provost for Academic Excellence and Operations and Professor of Exercise Science
- Kelly Reimer, Senior Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies (Staff Council Representative)
- Carrie Ryan, Assistant Vice President for Auxiliary Services
- Kelli Shuman, Associate Vice President for Human Resources & Chief Human Resources Officer
- Gabie Smith, Dean of Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology
- Mary Southern, Project Manager for Provost and Academic Affairs Operations (Project Manager)