Hall joined Elon as a faculty member in 2000 and was recognized with Elon University’s Excellence in Mentoring Award in 2010 and the Distinguished Scholar Award in 2016.
Professor of Exercise Science and Faculty Athletics Representative Eric Hall was announced as the next Director of Elon’s Undergraduate Research Program on Monday, Dec. 13.
Hall will assume the directorship on June 1, 2022 after shadowing Meredith Allison, the current director of the Undergraduate Research Program, over the upcoming spring semester.
Hall joined Elon in 2000 after receiving his doctoral degree in exercise psychology from the University of Illinois. Hall, who is also a Fellow of the American College Sports Medicine, received Elon University’s Excellence in Mentoring Award in 2010 and the Distinguished Scholar Award in 2016.
Along with his disciplinary interests in exercise psychology, Hall has published and presented research on undergraduate research mentoring both nationally and internationally. He has served Elon in a variety of capacities over the years including as the coordinator of the neuroscience minor, faculty-in-residence, and as a member of the Honors Advisory Committee, the Undergraduate Research Program Advisory Committee, the Public Health Studies Advisory Committee and the Neuroscience Advisory Committee.
Meredith Allison, professor of psychology, will be completing her term as the Director of the Undergraduate Research Program at the end of May 2022.
The full search committee for the next director was comprised of:
- Professor Joel Hollingsworth, Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, Chair
- Katie Baker, Assistant Professor of Education
- Stephanie Baker, Associate Professor of Public Health Studies
- Greg Haenel, Professor of Biology
- Harlen Makemson, Professor of Communication Design
- Amy Overman, Assistant Dean of Elon College, The College of Arts and Sciences, and Professor of Psychology
- Federico Pous, Associate Professor of Spanish
- Kate Upton, Associate Professor of Finance, and Director of the William Garrard Reed Finance Center
- Srikant Vallabhajosula, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy Education