UPDATED SATURDAY, 7:45 A.M. - This page will be updated regularly with new weather details and information about changes in university operations.
For the second time in a week, a winter storm left Elon’s main campus covered in snow and created hazardous driving conditions in the area.
Slick snowy roads and areas of black ice will remain a hazard through at least Saturday morning.
Facilities Management staff are clearing and treating roadways and sidewalks on campus, but caution is advised when traversing the campus, since slippery spots are likely.
The snowfall has not significantly impacted campus operations. The Elon Dining Menu and Hours website has the latest information about what’s open and what’s on the menu.
Any significant updates to campus operations will be shared with the campus community and posted to this page.
How do I stay informed?
It is important that everyone continues to monitor news and weather forecasts and watch for Elon announcements throughout the storm. These are your primary sources of Elon information:
- This story will be updated as needed with new forecast information and any changes to campus operations
- Emails sent to Elon email accounts
- E-Alert text message (for short emergency messages). Sign up or verify your registration online here.
- Elon social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- A list of local weather sources on Twitter is available here.