Elon reflects on the impact made by Elon alumni and families throughout the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
As Elon University wraps up one school year and prepares for the next, it’s time to take a look at the incredible support Elon had over the last year that provided both current and future students with life-changing opportunities.
See below for some of the highlights of the 2021-22 year that show just how far the support of Elon alumni, families and friends can go.
Partnership with Elon is exemplified by the many events attended and supported.
- More than 2,000 alumni came back to campus for Homecoming & Reunion Weekend 2021.
- Alumni in 20 chapters attended Welcome to the City events across the country.
- Over 6,300 alumni engaged with their alma mater throughout the 2021-22 year.
- More than 2,300 parents and grandparents attended one or more of the 84 parent and grandparent events.
- 2,105 alumni and more than 470 parents and grandparents showed their commitment to Elon by volunteering their time throughout the 2021-22.
Elon would not be able to operate the way it does without the help of dedicated ambassadors who serve as:
- Board and council members
- Affinity Network volunteers
- Elon Day Champions
- Reunion volunteers
- Regional Chapter volunteers
- Social Media Ambassadors
- Parent’s Council
- Elon Family Ambassadors
Elon is incredibly thankful to have a large number of alumni and family donors who attend events and donate their time to the university as volunteers. This year a spectacular 7,018 alumni and 3,712 parents or grandparents, made a gift to provide Elon students with life-changing experiences. Gifts of all sizes also counted toward the Elon LEADS Campaign.
- Over $123,000 was raised for the Black Alumni Scholarship during the 2021-22 fiscal year.
- Alumni giving participation increased to 20%.
- Elon once again enjoyed a successful Elon Day raising more than $3.5 million, from 4,988 gifts, on the annual day of giving.
- Alumni contributed over $4 million while parents and grandparents contributed more than $5 million to a total of 519 funds throughout the year.
The university thanks everyone in the Elon family who supported current and future students this year whether financially, through attending events or volunteering their time. Elon is a special place made even more special by those who support it.