Want to be a Tour Guide for summer 2016?
If you are interested in being a tour guide for the Office of Admissions for the upcoming summer, you must attend an information session in order to receive an application. We hope you are excited to walk backward!
The Office of Admissions will be hiring tour guides for the upcoming summer term. Descriptions of the position will be provided during the interest session. Students hired will be eligible to begin work post spring exams in May 2016, during summer 2016 sessions I and II.
Tuesday March 1st, 4:30 pm, Clohan Theatre—Inman Admissions Welcome Center
Wednesday March 2nd, 4:30 pm, Clohan Theatre—Inman Admissions Welcome Center
2016 Summer Tour Guide Applications will be provided following the information session. Below are the expectations and requirements for all admissions student tour guides:
- Provide information to prospective students and their families through daily tours and phone calls.
- Handle general tasks in the admissions office such as desk coverage, publication restocking, record filing, and any request from the professional staff
- Answer internal and external phone calls regarding various admissions topics, student life and Elon-related questions
- Must have a 2.7 to apply and must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA each semester in order to remain eligible to be a guide
- Be enthusiastic and positive in the office, on tour, and around campus as a representative of Elon University and the Office of Admissions
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Create a welcoming environment for prospective students and their families
- Retain and utilize information provided on a weekly basis about the university and the Office of Admissions
- Must be able to work well with others; both students and visitors
- Student will earn Elon minimum wage, which is $9/hr.
Applications will be due to the Inman Admissions Welcome Center, Attn: Kevin Napp no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 18.
Any questions about hiring should be directed to the Associate Director of Admissions and University Guide supervisor Kevin Napp at firstname.lastname@example.org.