DPT Students Present at the 2015 Human Movement Science Research Symposium
Eleven second-year Elon DPT students presented their research work on April 17, 2015 in Chapel Hill.
The following seven presentations were presented in a poster format:
"An Assessment of Pressure Distributions of Wheelchair Cushions Distributed by an International Outreach Organization"
- AUTHORS: Katie Whitley, Cameron (Blake) Templeton, Bill Andrews, Srikant Vallabhajosula
- PRESENTERS: Katie Whitley, Cameron (Blake) Templeton
"Physiologic Responses in Children May Be Similar While Playing Kinect vs. Normal Activities During Recess"
- AUTHORS: Austin Tucker, Sydney (Blair) Frazier, Alexandra Thomas, Rebecca Witherspoon, Elizabeth Bailey, Srikant Vallabhajosula
- PRESENTERS: Austin Tucker
"Functional Electric Stimulation Improves Gait Parameters and Efficiency in a Patient Diagnosed with Pediatric Stroke: A Case Study"
- AUTHORS: Kathryn (Marley) Parsons, Amy DiTommaso, Renee Hamel, Srikant Vallabhajosula
- PRESENTERS: Kathryn (Marley) Parsons
"Older Adults at High Fall Risk Take Longer on Walking and Sitting Phases of the Timed Up and Go Test"
- AUTHORS: Lucas Boyd, Victoria Flood, Mary Cameron Hamilton, Jane Freund, Stephen Bailey, Srikant Vallabhajosula
- PRESENTERS: Lucas Boyd
"Effects of Video and Verbal Augmented Feedback on Jump-Landing Error as it Pertains to Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury Risk Factors"
- AUTHORS: Tyler Cope, David Kendall, Brooke Martin, Mike Myracle, Susan Chinworth, Gray Carpenter
- PRESENTERS: Tyler Cope, David Kendall
"Dance and Creative Movement May Improve Quality of Life But Not Gait and Balance in Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease"
- AUTHORS: Chelsea Moehlenbrock, Caroline Santella, Jane Freund, Srikant Vallabhajosula
- PRESENTERS: Chelsea Moehlenbrock, Caroline Santella
"Both Static and Dynamic Balance Training Interventions Effective in Improving Gait in Older Adults"
- AUTHORS: Bridget Allan, Elizabeth (Lizzie) Guilford, Jasmine Jackson, Meredith Kelly, Charity Johansson, Srikant Vallabhajosula
- PRESENTERS: Bridget Allan, Elizabeth (Lizzie) Guilford