Faculty members chosen as 2009-11 CATL Scholars
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) is pleased to name four new CATL Scholars for 2009-2011.
The purpose of the CATL Scholars program is to cultivate highly innovative teaching and learning at Elon. The CATL Scholars program is designed so that participants both engage deeply with the shared goals of our academic community and develop “the unique gifts” that each individual scholar possesses. CATL Scholars will receive funding for two years to develop, implement and assess projects intended to transform student learning.The faculty selected to be CATL Scholars beginning next fall are:
• Jessie Moore, Assistant Professor of English – Reacting to Language Policy
• Ayesha Delpish, Assistant Professor Mathematics - Towards a Community of Learners: A Case Study Approach to Statistics
• Brooke Barnett, Associate Professor of Communications, and Ken Calhoun, Assistant Professor of Communications - Bringing expert and personal voices into the classroom: Educational DVDs as pedagogical toolsAn overview of each project is available on the CATL web site, www.elon.edu/catl
CATL Scholar review committee members were:• David Copeland, Communications
• Steve DeLoach, Economics
• Vicky Fischer Faw, Music
• Tony Crider, Physics
• Michele Kleckner, Computing Sciences
• Anne Marx, Leisure and Sport Management
Early next fall CATL will invite applications from faculty for appointment to be scholars in 2010-12.