Below are questions frequently brought to the Bursar's Office.
Q: What if an award, aid, or loan does not appear on my bill?
A: Please contact the Financial Planning Office. Contact information can be found on the links page.
Q: What if I want to change a meal plan or room assignment?
A: Please log-in to ontrack. The link for meal plan change is under the Residence Life section. Note that meal plan changes or cancellations may only be honored up to 2 weeks after the start of classes. Please contact the Residence Life Office for room assignment changes.
Q: What payment methods are accepted?
A: Cash, check, wire, and payments online made with VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, are all accepted. Families that pay tuition statement bills with VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express cards will be assessed a 2.75% convenience fee. Families that wish to avoid the fees are encouraged to use online checks/ACH or personal checks, wire transfers or other payment options. There will be no extra fees for other Elon transactions, such as online tickets or Phoenix Cash deposits.
Q: Can I change my meal plan anytime during the semester?
A: No. Meal plan changes and cancellations are only permitted through the second week of the fall and spring semesters.
Q: How do I make an enrollment deposit for an incoming undergraduate student?
A: Follow the steps below:
1. Go to admissions.elon.edu/status
2. Log in using the email address you applied with and the password you created
3. Click Submit Payment for 500.00 USD
4. Click Submit Payment
5. Select Term: For example: Fall 2015, Summer 2015, Spring 2016
6. Select Deposit Payment: UG Resident
7. Click Continue and select payment method
Q: How do I make another type of deposit (i.e.Study Abroad, Study USA, Housing, GRADUATE enrollment) ?
A: Follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://ebill.elon.edu
2. Log-in with your: 7-digit student ID number and your original Elon password
3. Click the “e-Deposits” tab at the top of the screen
4. Select the term for which the deposit is required
5. Select the appropriate account and click “select”
6. Select the appropriate deposit type and click “select”
7. Click “Continue”
8. Choose payment method and click "select"
9. Enter payment information and click "continue"
Q: The bill confused me; the amount in the Fall Semester doesn’t seem to add up to the new amount for the Spring Semester, why?
A: The bills for the Fall Semester included the cost of the Winter Term as well as the Fall Semester. The Spring Semester bill is simply for the Spring.
Q: Are Phoenix cash and food dollars transactions now to be taxed?
A: When Phoenix cash or food dollars are used for a transaction; the tax will be applied, just like cash or credit card sales are, currently.