The Sklut Hillel Center
Our building was opened in March 2013. Any student at Elon University can request swipe card access to the building. The Sklut Hillel Center is located at 401 E. College Avenue, at the corner of E. College & Antioch (across from the tennis courts)
- Fully equipped dairy kitchen inside, and meat kitchen (grill) outside at the Glazer-Emerson Patio
- Fridge and cabinets always stocked with food for students to snack, eat, and cook thanks to the parent-supported Fill the Fridge initiative
- Leon Levine Gathering Space with flexible seating, converting from a comfie living room to a dining room to seat 55
- Livingston Conference Room with seating for up to 18
- Greene Student Lounge with cable TV and the Karen Switt Memorial Library
- Computer for students to use, including free printing
- Comfortable study and gathering spaces
- Washing machine and dryer, free for students to use
- Access to the Elon Community Garden
- Daffodil garden planted as part of the Am Yisrael Chai! Daffodil Project, planting 1.5 million daffodils in memory of the 1.5 million children who died in the Holocaust.
Swipe card acess to the Sklut Hillel Center
Sunday-Thursday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
Friday: 7:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
The formal dedication was held on March 3, 2013
Read about the lead gift from Elon parents"We enjoyed our visit to Elon so much! The Hillel Center is a gem, with special strokes of genius: the open kitchen that allows for community to flow out into larger space, the shared garden, the outdoor "meat" kitchen, and, especially the washer and dryer. Warm, "haimish," inviting, cozy.... perfect."
Rabbi Steven Sager, Rabbi Emeritus, Beth El Synagogue (Durham, NC), founder of Sicha
Scroll down to see the latest photos!
The Karen J. Switt Memorial Library, established by the family of Sydnie Krause '11, has nearly 500 volumes and is located in the Sklut Hillel Center
The Glazer-Emerson Sukkah and Patio
The Leon Levine Gathering space converts to a large dining area that seats 55.
The sign above the kitchen reads "Baruchim Ha'Bayim."
The kitchen is a dairy kitchen; our outdoor grill is our meat kitchen. Families "Fill the Fridge" each month so that there is always food for students to enjoy. Students posted their thoughts on the new Hillel Center on post-it notes on the fridge.
"Tree of Life" honoring major donors to the Sklut Hillel Center
The Livingston Conference Room , which very comfortably seats 18 people.
Coordinator of Jewish Student Life, Ginny Vellani, in her office.
Sklut Hillel Center.
The Elon Community Garden is right next to the Sklut Hillel Center.
Daffodil Garden at the Sklut Hillel Center, part of the Am Yisrael Chai! Daffodil Project
Elon University will plant at least 1,000 new bulbs every year as part of this project.
“For many years we have added daffodils to the campus landscape, planting more than 10,000 bulbs to date, so when I read about the Daffodil Project I realized we had a fantastic opportunity to make that a more meaningful act. I hope when people see the thousands of daffodils in bloom each spring they recall that they represent just a tiny fraction of the innocent children scarified to intolerance and hate. Now, in addition to beautifying the campus, we can engage students and the campus community in helping plant a living memorial to those children every year, and that is a beautiful thing.” Tom Flood, Director of Landscaping and Grounds
The Sklut Hillel Center is located at 401 E. College Avenue, at the corner of E. College & Antioch, across from the tennis courts
2960 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244