The Intersect Conference Planning Committee consists of two student directors and ten highly qualified coordinators who oversee specific aspects of the conference. As a planning committee, we hope to host an inspiring conference that promotes dialogue, creates connections, and inspires action. The Intersect Planning Committee has received campus-wide recognition for its professionalism and hard work.
Center for Leadership Intersect Student Director - Jordan Vaughn '20
Center for Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity Education Intersect Student Director - Isabel Blanco Araujo '20
Logistics Coordinators - two positions available
Marketing Coordinators - three positions available
Education Coordinators - two positions available
Volunteer Coordinators - two positions available
- Build your portfolio with concrete examples of professional work.
- Contribute to university efforts to expand Elon’s commitment to diversity.
- Participating in an award winning committee! The Intersect Planning Committee was recognized for organizing the “Event
of the Month” through the Student Government Association's SOAR Award.
- Explore what diversity means to you and your own commitment to diversity.
- Joining a group of like-minded students that recognize the importance of diversity and leadership.
These are only a few reasons as to why this experience is invaluable. Please also note that the members of the Intersect Planning Committee do a lot of hard work. A successful event relies on a dedicated, hardworking, and professional team—we hope that this year’s committee members reflect these same values. Please make sure you are willing to work as hard as previous members have, if not harder, to make Intersect an even more successful event.
Applications available: Friday, April 7th
Applications due: Wednesday, April 19th at 12:00pm (noon); applications can be submitted to the CFL or the CREDE
Committee Interviews: Monday, April 24th and Tuesday, April 25th
Notification of Committee Selection: Friday, April 28th
Committee Meetings: The first Committee Meeting will take place the week of May 1st