Why Elon Engineering?
The strength of Elon’s engineering programs is built upon a distinctive undergraduate curriculum that combines foundational courses in the arts and sciences with engineering courses beginning the first year. We offer an ABET accredited B.S. in Engineering degree program and a dual-degree degree program.
Students in each program have exceptional career preparation distinguished by broad knowledge in their field and skills essential to the engineering workplace. Our undergraduate students leave as well-rounded, articulate and highly-educated engineers who are best prepared to tackle the complex problems facing our world. Elon’s programs offer many advantages:
- State-of-the-art learning and research facilities
- The opportunity to attend a mid-sized, residential university deeply committed to the values of an arts and sciences education.
- Small class size with mentoring by faculty who are focused on teaching undergraduates.
- Design coursework offered throughout all years of the curriculum.
- Engineering courses taught by experienced engineering faculty with expertise in a variety of areas.
- Exposure to many types of engineering before committing to a particular area of study.
- A variety of internship possibilities.
- Opportunities to participate in Elon’s nationally recognized study abroad program.
- Ready access to cutting-edge electronic equipment, computers loaded with the most current software, and 20,000 square feet of laboratory, workshop and prototyping spaces.
- Close mentoring relationships with knowledgeable and caring faculty.