Elon Health Professions Advising
Where we help you connect boxes not check boxes.
How will your Elon Experiences help you change the world?
Many students at Elon are interested in pursuing one of the health professions after graduation. Dr. Yuko Miyamoto, the Program Director for Health Professions Advising, and Elon’s Health Professions Advisory Committee, offer information, advice and support to students as they plan their curriculum, seek health-related internships and work through the application process for an array of graduate schools in the health professions (medicine, dental, veterinary, physical therapy, physician assistant, nursing, occupational therapy, public health, clinical psychology, and many more). A supplement to the student’s academic advisor, the health professions advisors work one-on-one with students as well as offer workshops and programs of interest to pre-professional students.
This program is designed to help students identify and take responsibility for an academic path which:
- provides a foundational liberal arts education
- helps them explore, nurture, and expand their interests
- helps them identify their strengths and weakness and set plans to work on both
- guides them to experiences that help build or expand their passions
- provides guidance so they can hit developmental and procedural milestones and be prepared to apply for graduate and professional programs
If you are not sure which health career interests you and want to explore your options visit ExploreHealth Careers.org, which offers a great deal of excellent information on a wide variety of health careers.
Elon Health Professions Alumni
We would love to hear about your path to a career in health professions to show our current students there are many ways to acheive their goals. Please fill out and send me this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.