Undergraduate Research at Elon University
The Undergraduate Research Program aims to cultivate campus-wide student involvement in high quality scholarship and creative endeavors.
The mission of the Undergraduate Research Program is to foster student learning through faculty-mentored scholarship and creative endeavors. Through funding, programming, and curriculum, the Undergraduate Research Program:
- Creates equitable access for students to engage in high-quality research and creative endeavors
- Supports students in developing understanding and skills associated with disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches
- Encourages dissemination of student research/creative work
- Supports faculty mentoring of students in their disciplinary/interdisciplinary scholarship
- Develops scholarly community among students and mentors
- Provides guidance on high quality mentorship
- Disseminates scholarship on mentoring undergraduate research
The Undergraduate Research Program at Elon University supports research for credit (4998/4999) with faculty mentors. These experiences can satisfy the experiential learning requirement portion of Elon’s COR curriculum. The URP also organizes the Spring Undergraduate Research Forum and funds the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience. Mentored student scholarship and creative work are supported through grants and travel grants, including funding for student presentation at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research. Mentors are supported through Mentor Development Grants and Mentor Travel Grants. Scholarship on mentoring practices is disseminated through Perspectives on Undergraduate Research Mentoring, a peer-reviewed publication housed at Elon.
Find out which faculty are currently accepting undergraduate researchers by clicking here.
- Elon was ranked #4 for Undergraduate Research/Creative Projects in the 2020 Best Colleges rankings by the U.S. News & World Report.
- For more information regarding undergraduate research and funding opportunities, please contact Dr. Meredith Allison, Director of Undergraduate Research.
What is undergraduate research?
Click here to learn more about what it means at Elon.