“One of the strongest connections between disciplinary expertise and student experience occurs when faculty mentor students in the process of scholarly inquiry.” – The Elon Teacher-Scholar Statement
Click here or go to the menu on the left for mentor resources including:
- Mentoring in a virtual environment
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in UR mentoring
- Preparing students for research
- Student travel outside of the U.S.
- Journal Clubs
- Preparing students for poster presentations
- Research Resources
- The Council on Undergraduate Research also has good mentor resources (click here to go to CUR)
If you are interested in getting sample syllabi for your 4999 or 4998 student, then we suggest that you ask a faculty member in your department who has successfully mentored students in the past.
Mentoring Students in Research at Elon
- Registration in 4999 (undergraduate research) – please click here for information on faculty compensation for mentoring students in 4999. Also please see the 4999 page by clicking here for details on student registration.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) – please click here for more information on mentoring students in SURE (scroll to bottom).
- Honors Program – please click here to learn more about mentoring students in the honors program (4998).
- Lumen Prize – please click here to learn more about mentoring students for the Lumen Prize (4998).
- Elon College Fellows Program – please click here to learn more about the ECF program.
Click here or go to the menu to the left for funding opportunities from the UR program for mentors.
The Center for Research on Global Engagement also offers grants for students and mentors. Click here to learn more.