Welcome to home of the Elon University “Fire of the Carolinas” Marching Band! As the “Soundtrack of the Phoenix,” our mission is to entertain Phoenix fans and support our teams, and have a great time in the process! GO PHOENIX!
The “Fire of the Carolinas” marching band is a contemporary college marching band that performs three to four, high energy, entertainment-focused shows each year (plus pregame and stands performance). The band has a close-knit, family atmosphere that is a blast to be a part of. As the “Soundtrack of the Phoenix” we also perform during the games in the stands and at various athletic and university events around campus. The band rehearses just twice a week, so the time commitment is very low and easily manageable (no more then a normal two day a week class). After 1 year in the ensemble, you are also eligible for leadership positions (section leader/drum major), and everyone in the band receives a small scholarship just for participating. The scholarship begins at $250 and increases each year you are in the band up to $1,000. Our preseason camp is a great way to start on campus, surrounded by a big group of new friends, including upper classman that can tell you everything there is to know about Elon. The band is a lot of fun and open to any student on campus who has experience with a wind instrument, drum line, color guard, or twirling! However, no previous marching experience is required. There is no audition to join for wind, percussion, or colorguard members, as long as you have experience playing an instrument or experience with color guard (there is an audition for our feature twirler position).
READY TO JOIN?
We are now accepting new members for the 2018 Fire of the Carolinas! To join, simply click this link and fill out our 2018 FOTC Commitment Form:
Wondering why you should join the band? Learn more about the many benefits of joining the band, answers to common concerns, and testimonials from current and past FOTC members!
If you’d like to request additional information, fill out our request information form.
2017 FOTC Performance Schedule
- August 26 – Welcome Back Pep Rally at Koury Gym
- September 16 – Football vs. Charleston Southern
- September 30 – Football vs. Albany
- October 7 – Football vs. William & Mary (Family Weekend)
- November 3 – Homecoming Performances (TBD)
- November 4 – Football vs. Towson (Homecoming)
- November 18 – Football vs. James Madison
- DO NOT make Thanksgiving travel plans before completion of the game.
- No unexcused absences will be given from the game for Thanksgiving travel.
- TBA – Possible FCS Playoff Game, FOTC 2017 Season Band Banquet
Some of the many benefits of joining FOTC
- Close-knit family atmosphere
- Low Time Commitment – much lower then most colleges and high school. We rehearse just twice a week, so it is no more than a normal two-day a week class (plus no tests!). This allows you to experience all Elon has to offer without stressing your schedule!!
- Pre-season camp is the best way to get started on campus. At the star of camp you get to move into your university housing for NO additional charge and the band provides you funds to offset the cost of your meals. We are the only group that move in that day, so there are no crowds and no lines! Also, you arrive on campus with a large group of new friends who share an interest, many of which are upperclassman who can teach you everything you need to know about Elon. You will be settled in and feel like a veteran Elon student before most students ever arrive on campus!
- It is A LOT of FUN! College bands do not compete, so our goals are to support our team and entertain our fans with as much energy and spirit as possible. We do lots of different shows every year and play a huge variety of music, so you will never get bored!