Graduate School and Careers in Psychology
Recent graduates from our program have gone on to programs or jobs in…
- Social work
- Law school
- Cognitive psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Marriage-family therapy
- School psychology
- Industrial/Organizational psychology
- Forensics/Criminal justice
- Careers: counselors/therapists, educators, social workers, nurses, lawyers, human resources, consulting, science writer, etc.
Career Options (research skills are often the basis for marketability – degree required depends on position and varies from BA/BS to MA/MS to PhD)
- Business (e.g., consulting, market research, drug research etc…)
- Government (research on government programs etc…, federal & state possibilities)
- Private (research consulting groups, government & industry grant funded agencies)
- Academic (Professor)
Career and Internship Tools
The Student Professional Development Center (SPDC) provides guidance and support to students as they pursue successful careers and post-graduate work in Psychology. The SPDC assists with career exploration, job/internship searching, interview preparation, the graduate school process, and much more. To schedule an appointment, call 336-278-6538 or make an online appointment via the Elon Job Network.
Build your resume/CV
Find a job, internship, or co-op
- Job and internship resources
- Elon Job Network
- Utilize LinkedIn to explore connections and opportunities
Thinking about graduate or professional school?
To make an appointment call 336-278-6538 or make an online appointment via the Elon Job Network. schedule an appointment with René Jackson, Associate Director for Graduate School Programs, to discuss the application process, your personal statement, CV, and more.
For career information specific to Elon College, the College of Arts & Sciences, visit the Student Success page.