An Introduction to Consulting Careers
We recommend that all Economic Consulting majors review the following short introductory course and guidance about careers in the consulting industry.
The Elon Consulting Club serves as a resource for Elon University students interested in pursuing careers in business consulting. We provide opportunities for interested students to participate in resume workshops, interview study sessions, case preparation, student/alumni presentations, networking events, projects for local companies, and intercollegiate competitions. The opportunities allow interested students and potential applicants to make contacts within the industry, learn theoretical basics and frameworks, gain practical experience in a safe environment and prepare for a successful application and career in consulting together with fellow students.
Planning Your Major Course Requirements
Based on past experiences with Elon Economic Consulting alumni, we recommend that Economic Consulting majors consider the timelines below to complete selected major course requirements.
- ECO 3200 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory. Please also plan to complete the prerequisites (ECO 1000; and MTH 1160 or MTH 1510). ECO 2300 is also a corequisite or prerequisite for intermediate microeconomics.
- ECO 3300 Introduction to Econometrics and ECO 3240 Industrial Organization. Note that ECO 3240 is currently only offered during the fall semester.
- MGT 3100 Foundations of Business Analytics. Please plan to complete the prerequisite (BUS 2100 Management Information Systems).
These courses will prepare you for an internship between your Junior and Senior year.
Upcoming Major Course Requirements Offered
- ECO 3100 – Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- ECO 3200 – Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- ECO 3220 – Labor Economics
- ECO 3300 – Introduction to Econometrics
- ECO 4400 – Economic Consulting
- ECO 4210 – Urban Economics/Planning