Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university* or date when degree is expected.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.20 is required
- Minimum overall science GPA of 3.0 is required
*Each applicant must complete a bachelor’s degree in the United States from a regionally accredited college or university. International degrees that have been evaluated as United States equivalent will not fulfill this requirement. All prerequisites must be completed at a regionally accredited college or university.
Completion of prerequisite courses
- 6 Science Courses (3-credit hour course or higher with lab)
The applicant must have 6 natural and/or life science courses selected from the following: Biology, Chemistry, Human Anatomy/Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Pathology and/or Physics.
- Note: courses may be from the same discipline. For example, Biology I and Biology II would suffice as 2 of the 6 science courses.
- 1 Psychology Course (3-credit hour course or higher)
- It is preferred that this course is from the psychology department, but an upper level course from another department may be acceptable.
Notes on prerequisite courses
- Five of the six required science courses must be complete at the time of evaluation of the application.
- Grades of ‘C’ or better are required in each prerequisite course
- No prerequisite course may be taken on a “pass/no pass” or “credit/no credit” basis
- For the 2019-20 admissions cycle, each natural and/or life science prerequisite course must have been successfully completed in 2011 or later.
Official Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) taken within the last five years
A minimum score of 297 on the GRE is required for a composite Verbal and Quantitative score. A minimum of 3.0 is required for Analytical Writing score.
Minimum of 100 hours volunteer or work experience in a health care setting with at least 20 of these hours in a physical therapy acute inpatient care or hospital setting (may be in progress).
Three letters of recommendation
- One letter must be written by a practicing physical therapist
- One letter must be from a professor/instructor who has taught you at the undergraduate or graduate level and can speak to your academic abilities
- One other recommendation
Must be able to meet the Essential Requirements of Physical Therapy Education at Elon University.