Interns attend an orientation session during the Fall Semester. Winter term projects are chosen by the Senior Staff, with whom interns will acquaint themselves with during the Fall Semester in preparation for their Winter Term projects. In the spring, interns conclude the program with a presentation of their projects and help facilitate the application process for the next cycle. Throughout the year, interns will attend meetings and events as scheduled.
Interns are expected to conduct themselves with the highest levels of professionalism and serve as representatives of the university. Interns are required to present themselves in a manner suitable for a business environment. Due to the nature of the program, interns are expected to wear business casual attire for meetings during the fall and spring semesters, and standard business attire for Winter Term. Lastly, in order to participate in the program and work with senior staff members, Executive Interns must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Today I work at a very large company, and feel self-assured interacting with executives of all levels, and proud of my background as an Elon student and an alumna of the Elon Executive Intern program.
Winter Term Credit
Interns will receive credit for their work in Winter Term.
- Work with members of the university senior leadership on projects,
- Develop and enhance leadership skills,
- Learn about higher education administration and senior organizational management, and
- Foster deeper understanding of Elon University
Participating Offices and Divisions
Offices that have participated in the program include:
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Associate Provost for Inclusive Community
- Office of the Associate Provost for Faculty Staff Affairs
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- Business, Technology, and Finance
- University Advancement
- University Communications
- Student Life
- Admissions and Financial Planning
- The Center for Access and Success
- The Center for Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity Education