Lifelong partnerships near and far
In the decade ahead, we will invest in connections near and far by:
- Engaging in lifelong partnerships with our talented alumni
- Partnering with communities to transform the future
- Celebrating Phoenix athletics on and off the field
The next chapter of Elon’s story will be told through the accomplishments of more than 35,000 alumni who are making a difference around the world. Building on our commitment to alumni, we will foster lifelong partnerships through professional development, networks, and learning opportunities and lasting connections between alumni and the university.
- Design a national model for alumni professional development, including workshops, short courses, certificates and continuing education to support lifelong alumni connections and learning.
- Increase staffing focused on alumni professional networking and career advancement, ensuring that through all stages of their lives and careers, Elon graduates remain connected with fellow alumni, parents, faculty and staff.
- Establish Elon learning centers in New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. and other strategic locations as hubs for alumni (professional development and networking), students (internships and StudyUSA), prospective families (admissions headquarters) and lifelong learning and professional education.
In building a “college for the world,” Elon’s founders envisioned the power of education to lift communities. During this decade we will develop partnerships to advance healthy, prosperous and socially just communities in Alamance and Guilford Counties and around the world. We will advance literacy and degree attainment in our local communities; connect graduate student expertise with needs in entrepreneurship, culture and the arts, education and health sciences; and fulfill our mission to prepare students to be global citizens and informed leaders motivated by concern for the common good.
- Prepare every student to participate in community and civic engagement, gaining essential skills and an understanding of their civic responsibilities.
- Through deepened partnerships with the Alamance-Burlington School System and led by the School of Education, further support literacy, college preparation, degree attainment, certification programs, and teacher licensure programs that address the need for highly trained teachers from underrepresented groups.
- Endow the nationally recognized Elon Academy college access and success program and the It Takes a Village literacy initiatives.
- Double the number of graduates in service-year positions in our local communities.
- Advance the School of Law’s experiential legal education model through partnerships in Guilford County, North Carolina, across the country, and with international legal communities.
- Create a business incubator and solutions hub to spur regional growth and respond to challenges of health, hunger, poverty and climate change through collaborations led by the Love School of Business.
- Serve as a partner in regional health, responding to health professional shortages and the needs of the underserved through the provision of outstanding healthcare providers, targeted clinics and community outreach by the School of Health Sciences.
Phoenix athletics rallies our communities far and wide and raises our spirit as we celebrate human performance. BOLDLY ELON will advance our position of leadership on and off the field in the highly competitive arena of NCAA Division I athletics and provide a premier student-athlete experience.
- Consistently win conference championships, make tournament appearances in all sports and lead the conference in academics and gender equity.
- Continue to lead the conference in Academic Progress and Graduation Success metrics.
- Enhance student-athletes’ personal, academic and professional growth, their mental and physical health and well-being, and their access to preventative services and faculty and staff mentors who further engagement in the Elon Experiences.
- Provide new academic, practice and competition spaces for year-round success.
In partnership with the Town of Elon, City of Burlington and surrounding communities, we will increase community engagement with the campus and explore public/private partnerships to develop a thriving college town environment. Investing in new and redeveloped housing and businesses will benefit local residents and Elon students, faculty and staff who want to live, shop and enjoy life in a safe and vibrant community.
- Invest in new and redeveloped student housing and successful local businesses.
- Raise $10 million in scholarships through profits from The Inn at Elon, which will attract visiting alumni, parents, prospective families, and host academic meetings.
- Advance understanding of town and university history through the acknowledgment of untold stories, toward a deeper understanding of who we were, who we are and who we aspire to be.