Lifelong Partnerships With Elon’s Talented Alumni
The next chapter of Elon’s story will be told through the accomplishments of more than 35,000 alumni who are making a difference around the world. Building on our commitment to alumni, we will foster lifelong partnerships through professional development, networks, and learning opportunities and lasting connections between alumni and the university.
Objectives and Progress
Last updated: June 2022
- Design a national model for alumni professional development, including workshops, short courses, certificates and continuing education to support lifelong alumni connections and learning.
- Increase staffing focused on alumni professional networking and career advancement, ensuring that through all stages of their lives and careers, Elon graduates remain connected with fellow alumni, parents, faculty and staff.
- Establish Elon learning centers in New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. and other strategic locations as hubs for alumni (professional development and networking), students (internships and StudyUSA), prospective families (admissions headquarters) and lifelong learning and professional education.
- University Advancement and Alumni Engagement are currently developing an alumni strategic plan following a community-wide effort that included an alumni survey with 2,270 responses; alumni interviews; the Charleston, South Carolina, Alumni Leadership Retreat; a Campus Conversation; discussions with campus partners/academic deans/leadership boards; and reviews of and visits to peer and aspirant institutions. The plan will outline opportunities for alumni professional learning and networks.
- Alumni Engagement, Student Professional Development Center, and the Regional Learning Centers Committee are designing pilots for alumni professional learning and networking for Summer 2022 in New York City and Los Angeles.
- The Regional Learning Centers planning team (comprised of representatives from Admissions, Alumni Engagement, Academic Affairs, multiple schools and colleges, Advancement, Bringing Theory to Practice, Elon in LA, Elon NEXT, Global Education Center, and Student Professional Development Center) was charged with developing a plan for embedding admissions recruitment, Study USA, and alumni engagement in strategic domestic locations. An initial report will be completed in Summer 2022.
- Jack Rodenfels ’12 was hired as the Director of Professional Advancement and Continuing Education to lead Elon NEXT, which offered more than 30 courses and certificates in data visualization, leadership, digital marketing, project management, cybersecurity, financial planning, and more for Summer 2022.