An inclusive and healthy community for success
We will enable students, faculty and staff to experience a greater sense of belonging and support by:
- Advancing a more diverse, equitable and inclusive community
- Cultivating a culture of health and well-being on a vibrant residential campus
- Championing Elon’s exceptional faculty and staff
We have work ahead to advance the inclusion and success of people from a wider range of abilities, identities and perspectives. To foster deeper learning and better prepare students to lead in communities around the globe, we will increase representation, enhance support networks and advance all community members’ intercultural and multifaith learning.
- Strengthen support networks and increase staffing dedicated to the success of historically marginalized groups.
- Establish and achieve specific benchmarks regarding increased representation and retention of students, faculty and staff from underrepresented groups.
- Double international student enrollment.
- Create structures and learning opportunities that engage all students, faculty and staff in advancing their intercultural and multifaith learning and competencies.
- Advance inclusive classrooms and pedagogies through research and faculty development.
In support of our mission to transform mind, body and spirit, we will further invest in a vibrant and integrative residential campus. Well-being initiatives will serve as a national model for programs, research and dialogues promoting resilience, belonging and all aspects of lifelong personal wellness – emotional, physical, financial, social and spiritual. We will enhance student, faculty and staff well-being as we meet the pressing challenges of physical and mental health.
- Implement well-being initiatives and be a national leader in programs and research that cultivate student, faculty and staff well-being and resilience.
- Renovate Koury Center to support comprehensive community wellness, recreation and health in the heart of campus.
- Lead the national conversation on academic-residential partnerships, doubling the number of faculty and staff teaching residentially linked courses, living on campus and advising living-learning communities.
- Add 1,200 beds and renovate older residences, achieving 80 percent of undergraduates living on campus.
- Reimagine and renovate Moseley Center as a vibrant hub of student activity.
- Engage the campus in sustainable practices to become carbon neutral by 2037, investing in renewable energy, reducing energy consumption and preparing students to lead lives that build a sustainable future.
An Elon education revolves around students’ powerful relationships with exceptional faculty and staff educators. Accordingly, we will increase the number of faculty and staff as well as advance compensation, well-being, professional development and faculty scholarship support.
- Recruit, develop and retain exceptional faculty and staff who embrace our mission and strategic goals; advance salaries and benefits to the top third of our peers, adjusted for cost of living; and increase financial support for faculty-staff development.
- Accelerate efforts to foster a dynamic and healthy work environment characterized by respect, inclusion, well-being, and supported with current technologies and opportunities for flexibility.
- Further increase quantity, quality and diversity of full-time teaching faculty and continue investment in relationships that advance student success.
- Enhance support for scholarship and discovery for Elon’s exceptional teacher-scholar-mentors.
- Support faculty and staff development across career stages and professional ranks with new leadership and learning pathways, and greater access to feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Advance engaged and experiential teaching and learning through the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning.