Support for the Annual Funds
Why is annual giving important at Elon?
Annual gifts from alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty, staff and friends provide a vital source of revenue for university operations. Annual gifts, which are received and spent in the same year, go to work immediately to support the best of Elon—quality academics, student scholarships, outstanding faculty, premier facilities and distinctive opportunities such as the Elon Experiences (study abroad, internships, undergraduate research, service learning and leadership opportunities). Elon’s fiscal year runs June 1-May 31.
What difference can my gift make?
Plenty. Collectively, donors contributed more than $8 million in cash gifts to the annual funds during 2019-20. All gifts make a difference to Elon students. For example, gifts of $50 or less brought in more than $413,000 to the university during 2019-20, while gifts of $100 or less totaled more than $743,000.
Why is alumni giving so important?
Strong alumni participation in annual giving is a valuable measure of Elon pride and satisfaction. It is also a factor in college rankings and the amount of financial support the university receives from foundations. Elon’s goal is for all alumni to support their alma mater with a gift each year.
You can make your gift to any of the following annual funds:
- Elon’s Greatest Needs: These unrestricted gifts give the university maximum flexibility to use the funds where they are needed most, including to support scholarships, faculty development, technology, academics and the Elon Experiences.
- Parents & Grandparents Fund: This fund also includes unrestricted gifts that support Elon’s most pressing needs.
- Phoenix Club: These gifts support scholarships for student-athletes.
- School of Law Annual Scholarship Fund: Gifts that provide financial assistance to students at Elon Law.
- You can also designate your gift to the academic school, department, student club or organization that meant the most to you. When you choose your designation, your gift goes directly to that program.