Elon University’s Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) cultivates, manages and stewards relationships with corporations and foundations, with the aim of securing philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities.
In building and sustaining partnerships with foundations, CFR strives for a strong match between a foundation’s mission and program areas and that of Elon programs and initiatives. In the relationship management process, CFR serves as a liaison between foundation representatives and university leadership, faculty members and program directors.
With corporations, CFR plays a vital role in matching a company’s business interests to the university’s programs, resources, expertise and talent. We can help to facilitate strategic conversations between the corporation and Elon leaders, faculty and staff, with the aim of building a strong, mutually beneficial relationship.
Given the collaborative nature of our projects, CFR maintains robust partnerships with academic administrators, faculty, fundraising colleagues and more. The office works with many other Elon offices including: Student Professional Development Center, Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of Financial Planning, and Donor Relations, to name but a few.
Key areas of expertise include:
- Developing and executing strategies for corporate and foundation engagement and preparing key leaders for this engagement
- Orchestrating and hosting corporate and foundation campus visits
- Developing and editing funding/grant requests, including proposals, letters of inquiry, budgets and more
- Identifying corporate and foundation prospects for institutional priorities.
- Customized stewardship reporting
Questions? Please contact the CFR office: