Statement on Ethical Procurement
Elon University recognizes the importance of ethical practices and social responsibility in procuring goods and services. In keeping with the values expressed in our university’s mission statement, the Purchasing Office proudly upholds the following standards:
- Affiliation with the Fair Labor Association, promoting fair and decent conditions in the production of goods bearing the university’s logo.
- Compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Membership of the National Association of Educational Procurement(NAEP), abiding by the NAEP’s Code of Ethics.
- Encouraging all suppliers and licensees to comply with international, federal, state, and local laws, as well as generally recognized ethical and industry standards related to environmental sustainability, fair labor practices, and human rights.
Purchasing Policies & Guidelines
- Purchasing Manual
The purpose of the Purchasing Manual is to outline the Policies & Guidelines of the Purchasing Department.
- Ethical Procurement Guidelines
This vendor code of conduct outlines expectations for those doing business with the University, from the conduct expected on campus to the care of University property.
- Sustainable Purchasing Guidelines
The University is committed to sustainable purchasing by giving preference to those products and services that help reduce Elon’s impact on the environment, both locally and globally.
- Conflict of Interest
Elon’s Conflict of Interest statement supports the University’s commitment to high ethical standards by prohibiting relationships between employees and vendors that pose a conflict of interest.
- Procurement Card (P-Card) Policies and Procedures
The P-Card Policies and Procedures outline expectations of card holders and contains other pertinent information such as the default billing address for all purchases, what to do if you are missing a receipt, and more.
- Contract Management & Signature Policy and Procedures
Only certain individuals at the University have the authority to sign a contract, or otherwise enter into an agreement with a third-party on behalf of the University. This policy details who can sign contracts/agreements and takes faculty and staff through how to submit a contract for approval.
- Standard Terms & Conditions
Elon’s Standard Terms & Conditions outlines the terms and conditions for the purchase of goods and services.
- Surplus Property Disposal
To maximize the reuse of University property and minimize the quantity of property that ends up in our landfills, we ask that you submit all items you are no longer using to surplus for possible redistribution.