AFRICAN AND AFRICAN-AMERICAN STUDIES AT ELON
Job Title: Student Assistant
Qualifications: The successful candidate should:
• be mature, energetic, responsible, prompt, dependable as well as professional;
• commit to working the full length of the appointment
• ?be a currently enrolled Elon University student for the duration of employment in the position;
• ?demonstrate flexibility to work, but be able to prioritize and balance their academic responsibilities and commitment with the position;
• demonstrate knowledge or interest in event planning, community outreach, program coordination, and cultural research and writing;
• show strong leadership, initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
• show strong research and written and oral communication skills;
• show a strong interest and commitment to African and African-American Studies;
• demonstrate experience with basic administrative tasks like filing, making copies, preparing mailings, doing basic reports, making appointments, coordinating schedules, sending emails, and updating statuses as needed.
• run errands on campus.
• research and draft materials as needed.
• help organize program events and activities.
• attend AAASE Advisory Board meetings.
• use Microsoft Office and Facebook. Working knowledge of CMS4 and Moodle a plus.
• design graphics for the message board about activities. Create posters, fliers and other material for promoting AAASE.
• update the AAASE website, prepare a semesterly newsletter concerning Black cultural and academic issues,The person must be familiar with web page design, development and implementation.
• provide weekly updates to supervisors;
Hours to be worked per week: 5-10
No. of students: 1
Pay Rate: $9/hour
Person to contact concerning position: Dr. Prudence Layne
Office location: Alamance 305 Phone: x 5618 or x 7961 Email: email@example.com
Deadline for application: September 19th @ 5:00 pm
Method of application: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org