The language placement exam will be offered for new students only during specific dates and times. To guarantee that you have a seat, you must sign up for an appointment at https://www.elon.edu/eventsmgmt/events/eventtype.aspx?id=58
Attention new students – first-years and transfers! If any one of the following is true for you, please read this message.
- Did you fail to take a language placement exam online during the summer when you were instructed to do so?
- For some other reason, do you not have a language placement score recorded in your OnTrack degree audit?
- Were you asked to re-take the placement exam in a proctored setting?
- Did you study more than one language in high school but only took a placement exam in ONE of those languages?
- Are you dissatisfied with the results of your first placement exam attempt and would like to try one more time?
The language placement exam will be offered FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY during specific dates and times only. To guarantee that you have a seat, you MUST sign up for an appointment at the following link. If you just show up, we cannot guarantee you a spot.
Sign up at least 24 hours before the testing time at https://www.elon.edu/eventsmgmt/events/eventtype.aspx?id=58
As explained in the university catalog, new students must take their language placement exam by October 1 of their first year. Elon requires all incoming new students to take a language placement test in the language(s) they studied in high school. You must take the test in the language(s) you studied in high school even if you plan to start a new language at Elon.
You should allow approximately 30-45 minutes to complete the exam and associated paperwork. You must bring your Phoenix Card or another photo id in order to take the test. The test will be proctored and administered in Carlton 221 on the following days and times:
Date (Day) Time
9/11/15 (Friday) 2:00-5:00 p.m.
9/14/15 (Monday) 3:00-6:00 p.m.
9/25/15 (Friday) 3:30-5:00 p.m.
9/30/15 (Wednesday) 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Students who fail to meet the October 1 deadline will not be able to place out of the requirement as a result of later testing. Also, students need a placement test score on record before we will grant permission to enroll in ANY language course, even if they choose to start a new language.
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com and use “placement test – new student” in the subject line.