In this practical, interactive workshop based on the Peak Performing Professor Model, mid to late career faculty will learn evidence-based practices to motivate and pace themselves for continued success and enjoyment in career and life.
Susan Robison – Strategic and Meaningful Career Design for Faculty Who are Mid-Career and Beyond
Friday, March 11, 2:45-5:15 p.m.
Belk Pavilion 208
A lifelong commitment to the professoriate requires staying engaged and motivated for the long haul. You may be hitting your stride at mid-career but are you enjoying the fruits of your earlier labor? In this practical, interactive workshop based on the Peak Performing Professor Model, mid to late career faculty will learn evidence-based practices to motivate and pace themselves for continued success and enjoyment in career and life.
The following practical skills will be presented and practiced. You will learn how to:
- Prevent post-tenure burnout, blowout, and rustout by defining success to include Great Work, work that flows easily from a deep sense of meaning and purpose, and a Great Life, one that brings you energy, longevity, and joy.
- Design a life management system that aligns your strengths, time, and energy with your personal priorities and your diverse faculty responsibilities.
- Apply discernment skills so that you can say a few strong “yes’s” and many graceful “no’s” to the abundance of service/leadership opportunities offered to the mid-life and beyond professor.
- Take charge of those overwhelming to-do lists by envisioning and managing projects, goals, and daily to-do lists that are realistic and achievable.
- Focus on the most important tasks instead of wandering from task to task.
- Get and stay organized.
- Create to-do lists are realistic and achievable.
- Manage tasks so you will get them done on time every time.
- (Optional) Enjoy your scholarship more by creating a “body of work” instead of a series of publications.
- (Optional) Minimize time management distracters such as email, grading, and interruptions.
- (Optional) Develop a personal well-being plan that supports a satisfying personal life and a productive work life.
To sign up, please use the registration form.