Ellington Center Hours of Operation June 1- Aug. 26
Office of Student Health and Wellness Summer Hours
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Afterhours/weekend emergencies: Parents or students who have an afterhours or weekend situation that is not-life threatening but requires an urgent administrative response or support, should access the Student Life Emergency Response System by calling Campus Safety and Police at (336) 278-5555. The Student Life Emergency Response System provides administrative response to students and families in crisis situations afterhours and on weekends. The Student Life Emergency Response System includes the Administrator on Call, The Counselor on Call, Violence and Bias Response, and a Senior Student Life Administrator. Campus Safety and Police will contact the appropriate staff member based on the nature of the situation. Someone will contact the caller within 30 minutes of the initial call to Campus Safety. Once the immediate situation has been addressed by the emergency response staff member on call, the situation may be referred to the appropriate administrative office the next business day.
Situations that may be referred to the Student Life Emergency Response System include:
- Medical and psychological emergency follow-up including dispatching administrative support at the hospital for more serious illnesses and injuries
- Notification of emergency contacts/parents in the event of a serious medical or psychological situation
- Death in the family or close personal relationship where the student may need support or assistance
- Missing students
- Physical plant situations which pose a security threat or major disruption to campus
- Initial response to bias or gender based violence issues, including sexual violence (not confidential response)
- Response to security concerns
- Notification of emergency contacts/parents in the event of a student arrest and bail or return to campus conditions
Closed until Friday, Aug. 26. Students who are on campus and need medical care should consult the medical resources at: Health Services After Hours Care
Administrative staff are available for records requests and processing Monday-Friday 10:00 am until noon and 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm. They can be recahed at (336) 278-7230 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By limited appointment availability Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Counselor on call for afterhours emergencies and crises: As with medical emergencies, if a student is experiencing a psychological emergency, call 9-1-1 for immediate assistance. (e.g., suicidal behaviors, violence or threats of violence toward others, self-injury needing immediate medical attention, mental confusion or disorientation, out of control behavior, significant impairment by drugs or alcohol)
Students experiencing a psychological crisis that is not life threatening but causing acute distress or disruption of psychological balance should contact Campus Safety and Police at (336) 278-5555 and ask to speak to counseling services staff member (during business hours) or the counselor on call (afterhours and weekends). The caller will need to provide contact information but not a name. Campus Safety and Police will relay the message to either the summer staff (during office hours) or the counselor on call who will contact the caller within 30 minutes of the initial call to complete a brief assessment of the situation and recommend steps for additional support or follow-up.