The annual block party is moving to Schar Center from the original outdoor location due to inclement weather in the forecast.
The entire Elon community is invited to experience the new Schar Center at this year’s Rock the Block party on Friday, Nov. 2.
The event will feature live music, all-ages entertainment and family-friendly activities. The Homecoming weekend block party was originally scheduled to take place outdoors on East Haggard Avenue, but has been moved to Schar Center due to rain in the forecast.
Activities at Rock the Block from 5 to 9 p.m. include:
- Live music from The Band Punch
- Food trucks including a beer and wine truck
- A celebration of class and affinity reunion efforts with remarks by President Connie Ledoux Book
- A special activity area for children and families including face-painting, a balloon artist, a caricature artist, games and crafts
- Reunion HQ area for alumni celebrating class and affinity reunions featuring a photo booth and bar
- Carnival treats including popcorn and funnel cakes
The event and activities are free for all attendees, and there will be complimentary snacks, lemonade and water. Cash, credit and Phoenix Cash will be accepted to purchase food truck and beer/wine tickets.
Pre-purchased food truck tickets and beer/wine tickets will be available onsite at the Schar Center, which is located at 542 N. Williamson Ave. across from Rhodes Stadium. On-site parking is also available. Find more information about the weekend on Elon’s Homecoming website.
Haggard Avenue will no longer be closed on Friday, Nov. 2, to accommodate Rock the Block.