A Ready & Resilient update about our required testing, training, daily health check and accommodations for remote-only instruction.
Students and Parents,
Below please find a Ready & Resilient (R&R) update about our required testing, training, daily health check, and accommodations for remote-only instruction.
COVID-19 Testing Portal is Live
Students, click here to request your mail-in test kit from LabCorp.
Instructions for Using the LabCorp Site
- On the first web page, use your Elon preferred name. If Elon systems refer to you as Jeff (not Jeffrey Stein) or Randy (not Randolph Williams), use Jeff or Randy.
If, in the above example, for some reason, your Elon name (Jeff) doesn’t work, then try your more formal name (Jeffrey).
- At the bottom of the first web page, enter your Elon username, the first part of your Elon email (ex. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). Use ALL lowercase letters.
- Be aware that the LabCorp form will take you through a few screens, will send you an email confirmation (check spam folders) that you need to respond to, and will also send you a final confirmation email (check spam folders).
Refer to the R&R testing website for information on testing, what to do if you have a positive test result and more.
Submitting Alternate PCR Test
- Refer to the R&R testing site for instructions if you choose to submit results from an alternate PCR COVID-19 test or have a prior positive test result to submit.
- If you will not be age 18 by the date you enter the LabCorp site, refer to my July 22 email (“Elon COVID-19”).
R&R Required Training Now Live
Students, click here to log in to the R&R training modules. The entire process takes less than 30 minutes. Please complete the training modules as soon as possible.
Health Screening App Live on July 30
The R&R Health Screening App will be live starting July 30 to help students, faculty, and staff monitor health daily during the pandemic.
- No Data Collected: The app does not require a log in and does not collect any data.
- Why Screen? While the app is a diagnostic tool that does not substitute for medical advice, it will help each of us to be conscious of our health and keep an eye out for symptoms.
Student Remote-Only Accommodations Update
Students may be approved to take courses through remote-only instruction due to documented disabilities or health-related accommodations. These requests should be initiated by the student through the Office of Disabilities Resources.
While Elon’s primary model is in-person instruction, requests from students who require accommodations this fall due to COVID-19 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
A special Modification Review Committee has been established to review these requests, considering the specific circumstances and needs of the individual students. Click here for details and to access a form to make a request for remote-only learning. Please note that students who are approved for remote-only instruction may not be allowed to live on campus. Students requesting accommodations must do so by Aug. 5.
The Ready & Resilient website is the best source of information for this fall. We will continue updating the site daily.