The Class of 2024 cohort of Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows have begun their leadership journey at Elon.
For 31 years the Center for Leadership has welcomed budding leaders into the Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows. This year with more than 900 applicants, the Class of 2024 brings in 26 new fellows for the program who are ready to start their journey.
Leadership Fellows follow a path to identify their own leadership style and how to build on it to advocate for change in their communities. Through classes, programs and workshops, the Center for Leadership looks forward to supporting the 2024 fellows during their time at Elon University.
Leadership Fellows have access to unique course work, including the Winter Term course Disarming Injustice: Non-Violence and Civil Rights that focuses on the historical and continuing struggle different communities face in America. First-year fellows also get the opportunity to learn from Elon President Emeritus Leo M. Lambert and Center for Leadership Director Melanie Bullock Harris in their Elon 101 course.
The Leadership Fellows participate in a co-curricular leadership development program that includes a variety of workshops, forums, and experiential learning opportunities. First-year fellows complete Social Change Labs that help students investigate their leadership style and philosophy and better understand their responsibility to their communities. Monthly Forums give fellows access to campus and community leaders who are able to share their own journeys and insights into leadership.
Pursuing a variety of majors and passions, this year’s fellows have academic interests in political science, international business, psychology and others. Prior to coming to Elon, some of their leadership experiences included the creation of clubs committed to diversity and inclusion, volunteering on political campaigns, serving as the drum major for their school’s marching band and much more.
They also have a great list of music that represents their various personalities and style: Check out their playlist here.
The Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows Class of 2024 cohort:
- Colby Bradford – Beverly, Massachusetts
- Aiden Bradshaw – Essex Jct., Vermont
- Jasmyn Brown, – Lancaster, South Carolina
- Sydni Brown – Holly Springs, North Carolina
- Julian Bumper – Marietta, Georgia
- Peter Cromie – Lewisville, North Carolina
- Hanna Engelhardt – Manorville, New York
- Jaid Green – Wyckoff, New Jersey
- Bethan Griffin – Chicago, Illinois
- Chase Gurey – Alexandria, Virginia
- Demetria Hall – Greensboro, North Carolina
- Ethan Haqq – Grayslake, Illinois
- Chloe Higgins – Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
- Adam Horowitz – Potomac, Maryland
- Alexander Ingram – Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Veda Karlsen-Heil – Andover, Minnesota
- Ethan Lane-Blake – Accokeek, Maryland
- Abigail Langenkamp – Houston, Texas
- William McCoy – Waxhaw, North Carolina
- Caroline Moses – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Mason Mosley – Mullica Hill, New Jersey
- Lexi Mulholland – Bermuda, North Carolina
- Moira O’Neill – Block Island, Rhode Island
- Gillian Perilstein – Edison, New Jersey
- Claire Przybocki – Frederick, Maryland
- Leah Weinstock – Glen Allen, Virginia
The changes these individuals will contribute to the Elon community are excitedly anticipated. For more information on the Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows, visit the Center for Leadership’s website.