Lead with the Center for Leadership
The Center for Leadership (CFL) is focused on supporting students as they learn, practice, and make meaning of being a leader at Elon and beyond. Students practice leadership skills in student organizations, through peer mentoring experiences, on and off campus employment, and by volunteering. The CFL offers leadership programming, leadership coaching, and engagement opportunities. We encourage everyone to stay connected by following our social media pages or check out the opportunities listed throughout our website.
- Join the Center for Leadership on PhoenixCONNECT to get our weekly e-newsletter, which provides information about upcoming leadership opportunities.
- Browse our website for more information! You can also contact the Center for Leadership Professional Staff via email or phone (336-278-5323) to learn about opportunities on how to get involved.
Here are just a few ways you can get involved in leadership development at Elon through the Center for Leadership:
- Sign up to attend a Leadershop, or an interactive leadership workshop
- Deepen a leadership experience by earning the Leadership ELR
- Help your organization grow through student organization development
- Take a class in the Leadership Studies minor
- Follows us and our events through Instagram (@elonleadership), The Leaderpod, the LEAD Blog and our bi-weekly Newsletter
- If you are attending Elon as a first-year student in the Fall of 2024, consider participating in a First-Year Student Experience this summer. The Center for Leadership will be hosting “Phoenix Take Flight,” an Adventures in Leadership summer program. LEARN MORE
Phoenix Leaders Program: The Phoenix Leaders Program is an opportunity for emerging leaders to engage in a reflective leadership journey during their first or second year at Elon! This program equips students in the program with leadership skills through workshops and an overnight retreat. Our goal is that participants can create positive change at Elon after participating in this program. Visit the Phoenix Leaders page for more information.
- Virtual Strengths Coaching: Get access to take the CliftonStrengths Inventory and leadership self-assessment for free. Sign up today and get a coaching session with one of our professional staff members to discuss your Strengths and how to apply them in your leadership role. Click the button below to sign up today.
- Leadership ELR Information Sessions: Interested in gaining an ELR in Leadership? You can complete the ELR for a formal leadership role/position or through a self-identified initiative to create positive change. For more information, watch the Leadership ELR information session video by clicking the button below.
- Virtual Civil Rights Leadership Tour: Take a journey with us… virtually and learn about the civil rights movement and human rights movements of today through the lens of leadership. Through speaking engagement and programs, participants will increase their understanding of how they can take part in disarming injustice. We’ve curated an intentional experience and identified a variety of events, programs, keynote speakers, and more that you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home or office.