Each year, the Center for Leadership offers the Phoenix Leaders Program. The Phoenix Leaders Program is an opportunity for emerging leaders to engage in a reflective leadership journey during their first year at Elon.
This spring, the program features a welcome event, a visit to the Elon Challenge Course, a 2-day off campus retreat and two post retreat leadership workshops. You’ll have the opportunity to focus in on what you want to do as a leader at Elon. During the retreat, students become more aware of their identities, past experiences, values, and how all of these contribute to their identity as a leader. We guarantee you will build new connections and friendships.
Throughout the program, participants engage with Center for Leadership professional staff, peer mentors, and like-minded first-year students. Phoenix Leaders participants are coordinated into small groups and mentored by a Phoenix Leaders Program alumni. Additionally, the Center for Leadership professional staff serve as mentors and as a resource for students.
The Center for Leadership hopes to equip students in the program with leadership skills so they can create positive change at Elon. Applications for the 2024 Spring Phoenix Leaders Program are now open. Click here to apply by Monday, February 12, 2024.
Students participating in the Phoenix Leaders Program will:
- Connect with like-minded emerging leaders
- Engage in a foundational exploration of their identities and lived-experiences
- Reflect on their previous experiences, their transition to Elon, and where they see themselves in the future
The Phoenix Leaders Program was an opportunity to not only connect with people like yourself, but to also connect with yourself and discover what your values truly are. It was a great way to get away from the stress of school and to value life as it is.
How To Participate
Participation in the Phoenix Leaders Program is FREE!
Phoenix Leaders Commitment
Students interested in participating in the Phoenix Leaders Program must:
- Apply by Monday, February 12, 2024
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership
- Participate in the Phoenix Leaders Initial Meeting, Off-Campus Retreat, and Leadershops (dates and times can be found at the beginning of the application)
- Engage in all programming and build relationships with fellow Phoenix Leaders and mentors