Each year, the Center for Leadership offers the Phoenix Leaders Program. The Phoenix Leaders Program is an opportunity for emerging leaders to engage in a reflective leadership journey during their first year at Elon.
This year, the program begins with an on-campus retreat, which will utilize physical distancing measures. During this retreat, students become more aware of their identities, past experiences, values, and how all of these contribute to their identity as a leader.
Following the retreat, students will engage in Leadershops, or interactive leadership workshops, to further develop their skills and knowledge.
Throughout the program, participants engage with Center for Leadership professional staff, peer mentors, and like-minded first-year students. Phoenix Leaders participants are coordinated into small groups of less than 10 students and each group is mentored by a Phoenix Leaders Program alumni. Additionally, the Center for Leadership professional staff serve as mentors and as a resource for students in their transition to Elon.
The Center for Leadership hopes to equip these students with leadership skills so they can create positive change at Elon over the next four years. Applications for the 2021 Spring Phoenix Leaders Program are now open – click here to apply by Thursday, January 28!
Students participating in the Phoenix Leaders Program will:
- Connect with like-minded emerging leaders
- Engage in a foundational exploration of their identities and lived-experiences
- Reflect on their previous experiences, their transition to Elon, and where they see themselves in the future
The Phoenix Leaders Program was an opportunity to not only connect with people like yourself, but to also connect with yourself and discover what your values truly are. It was a great way to get away from the stress of school and to value life as it is.
How To Participate
Participation in the Phoenix Leaders Program is FREE!
Phoenix Leaders Commitment
Students interested in participating in the Phoenix Leaders Program must:
- Apply by Thursday, January 28th. All applicants will be notified no later than Tuesday, February 1st. RSVP commitment from students due by Wednesday, February 2nd.
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership
- Participate in the Phoenix Leaders Kick-Off Retreat
- Engage in CFL Leadershops