Leadership Experiential Learning Requirement (ELR)
The Experiential Learning Requirement (ELR) is a graduation requirement for all Elon University students. The ELR expands upon the Five Elon Experiences (leadership development, study abroad, internships, undergraduate research, and service-learning) by providing a structure to facilitate and encourage students to practice close observation of the world around them and reflect insightfully about those observations. Students may complete this by fulfilling two units of experiential learning. See the ELR Core Curriculum website for more information.
The Leadership ELR requires at least one semester to complete in the following way:
Complete the Leadership Development Workbook
- Whether you want to complete the ELR for a formal leadership role/position or through a self-identified project to create positive change, completion of the workbook will enhance your experience by providing you with the opportunity to reflect on and improve your leadership. Each student will identify an advisor or mentor to help guide their ELR experience.
- To meet the Leadership ELR you must engage in at least 40 hours of activity during the duration of the project or leadership experience. This means you should meet with the Center for Leadership and start the workbook at the beginning of your leadership role or project.
If you have any additional questions about the Leadership ELR, please visit the Center for Leadership or email LEAD@elon.edu.
ELR Information Sessions:
- Friday August 31st 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Tuesday September 4th 11:30am
- Thursday September 6th 4:30pm
- Friday September 14th 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Friday September 21st 4:30pm, 5:00pm
All meetings will take place in the Center for Leadership.
PLEASE NOTE: You must start the Leadership ELR by Friday, September 21st. Attend an information session or schedule a meeting by emailing LEAD@elon.edu.