The Associated Collegiate Press and College Media Association presented their awards virtually during a joint conference.
Several Elon University students were recognized with national honors from the Associated Collegiate Press and College Media Association during their joint virtual National College Media Convention Oct. 22-24.
Among the organizational honors, The Pendulum, the newspaper of Elon News Network, was named a finalist for a Newspaper Pacemaker, ENN was named an Online Pacemaker finalist, and Colonnades, Elon’s literary and art journal, was honored as a Literary Magazine Pacemaker finalist.
The College Media Association and Associated Collegiate Press also honored individual students and organizations in several categories. Below are the students who finished in the top three of any competition.
ACP Individual Awards
- Anton Delgado ’20 and Grace Terry ’21 won third place for Newspaper Page/Spread for their “Sharing Personal Pride” entry.
CMA Organizational and Individual Pinnacle Awards
- Elon News Network won first place for Best Sports Section for editions dated Aug. 28, 2019, Nov. 20, 2019, and March 4, 2020.
- Elon News Network won first place for Best Multimedia Breaking News Story for “Car damaged by gunfire outside of Elon’s Chabad House.”
- Oliver Fischer ’20 won first place for Best Multimedia Sports Story for “Tail of the Dragon attracts thrill-seekers, motoring enthusiasts.”
- Maria Ramirez Uribe ’20, Alexandra Roat ’20, Marielle Warner ’20 and Jack Norcross ’21 won first place for Best Multimedia Feature Story for “Offering Benevolence.”
- Elon News Network won first place for Best Video Special Event Coverage for its Super Tuesday coverage.
- Elon News Network won second place for Four-Year TV Station of the Year for pieces of three different shows.
- Delgado won second place for Best Investigative Story for “Life after registration.”
- Elon News Network won third place for Four-Year Website of the Year.
- Clare Grant ’23 won third place for Best Sports Feature Photograph for a cheerleading picture.
ACP also awarded Best of Show awards to ENN:
- The Pendulum won first place for Newspaper Special Section and for Election Reporting for its 2020 election guide.
- Brian Rea ’21 won first place for Broadcast News Story for “Hundreds march in Graham, calling for end to racism.”
- The Pendulum won second place for Newspaper (Weekly) for its Sept. 20, 2020, edition.
- Caroline Bunder ’23, Olivia Parks ’23, Nyah Phengsitthy ’23 and Grace Terry ’21 won second place for Print Design for The Pendulum’s election guide cover.
- Mackenzie Wilkes ’22 won third place for COVID-19 Reporting for “COVID-19 disproportionately hits Alamance County Latino community.”
- Lauren Singles ’23 won third place for Social Justice Reporting for “Breaking down bias reporting at Elon University.”