Elon University’s end-of-year move-out program will run from May 12 through May 31.
Don’t Trash It!, Elon’s end-of-year move-out waste reduction program, starts Wednesday, May 12, and concludes on May 31.
The program did not run in 2020 due to the pandemic, but in 2019, more than 10 tons of items were diverted from the landfill and donated to local community partners.
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to donate a variety of items, listed below.
What to donate:
- Unopened, nonperishable food
- CLEAN sheets, blankets & comforters
- Furniture in good condition
- CLEAN clothing, operable electronics and housewares
Where to donate:
The below donation stations will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.
- COLONNADES : Goodwill Pod behind Colonnades E
- DANIELEY: Goodwill Trailer and Habitat for Humanity truck in Danieley Parking lot
- GLOBAL: Goodwill Pod near Global Basketball Court
- EAST: Goodwill Pod in small lot
- HISTORIC: Goodwill Pod on HBB Basketball Court
- LOY CENTER: Goodwill Pod near Global Basketball Court
- OAKS & PARK PLACE: Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity trucks parked in the Oaks lot along fence between Oaks and Park Place
- STATION AT MILL POINT: Parking Lot near Depot
- OFF CAMPUS (Including faculty and staff): Take items to trucks in the Oaks or Danieley parking lots
For more information please see the Don’t Trash It! FAQs page.
Don’t Trash It! is made possible by: Office of Sustainability, Residence Life, Kernodle Center for Civic Life, Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, Allied Churches of Alamance County, First Presbyterian Church, Salvation Army, Environmental Services and volunteers.