Don’t Trash It! is Elon University’s end-of-year move-out program that encourages students, faculty and staff to donate items at various donation stations throughout campus.
Volunteers are needed to help collect items or monitor trucks. Shifts are two hours each, and volunteers receive a free t-shirt (while supplies last).
What is Collected?
- Unopened, nonperishable food
- CLEAN sheets, blankets, and comforters
- Furniture, in good condition
- CLEAN clothing and small housewares, working condition
What is NOT Collected
- Bed pillows (throw pillows are ok)
- Opened food
- Foam mattress pads
- Opened cleaning products
- Dirty items
- Broken items
Where is the nearest Donation Station?
- COLONNADES : Goodwill Pod behind Colonnades E
- DANIELEY: Goodwill Trailer and Habitat for Humanity truck in Danieley Parking lot
- GLOBAL: Goodwill Pod near Global Basketball Court
- EAST: Goodwill Pod in small lot
- HISTORIC: Goodwill Pod on HBB Basketball Court
- LOY CENTER: Goodwill Pod near Global Basketball Court
- OAKS & PARK PLACE: Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity trucks parked in the Oaks lot along fence between Oaks and Park Place
- STATION AT MILL POINT: Parking Lot near Depot
- EXTENDED/OFF CAMPUS: Take items to trucks in the Oaks or Danieley parking lots
Faculty & Staff: Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity trucks will be in the Oaks parking lot. Trucks will be open ~8:30am – 5:30pm