Don’t Trash It! is Elon University’s end-of-year move-out program that encourages students, faculty and staff to donate items at various donation stations throughout campus.
Volunteers are needed to help collect items or monitor trucks. Shifts are two hours each, and volunteers receive a free t-shirt (while supplies last).
What is Collected?
- Unopened, nonperishable food
- CLEAN sheets, blankets, and comforters
- Furniture, in good condition
- CLEAN clothing and small housewares, working condition
What is NOT Collected
- Bed pillows (throw pillows are ok)
- Opened food
- Foam mattress pads
- Opened cleaning products
- Dirty items
- Broken items
Where is the nearest Donation Station?
- COLONNADES : Kivette, lobby; Goodwill Pod behind Harper
- DANIELEY: Daniel Commons; Goodwill Trailer in Danieley Parking lot
- GLOBAL: B 109 & D, lobby
- EAST: Lobby of A, B and C
- HISTORIC: West Lobby and Goodwill Pod in Lindner parking lot
- LOY CENTER: Goodwill Pod in parking lot between Global and Loy
- OAKS & PARK PLACE: Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity trucks parked in the Oaks lot along fence between Oaks and Park Place
- STATION AT MILL POINT: The Depot, outside 109
- EXTENDED/OFF CAMPUS:
- Take items to trucks in the Oaks or Danieley parking lots
OR Schedule a pick up by calling one of the partner organizations (see FAQs)
Faculty & Staff: Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity trucks will be in the Oaks parking lot. Trucks will be open ~8:30am – 5:30pm