Members of the Class of 2020 are invited back to campus Sept. 3-5 for an array of events to celebrate their accomplishments. Registration closes Friday, July 30.
Elon is excited to welcome the Class of 2020 back to campus Sept. 3-5, 2021, for a special graduation celebration!
Members of the class can now register for the weekend’s events. Please note, you will also need to register any guests that will be in attendance. Registration closes Friday, July 30.
Learn more on the Commencement 2020 website.
Friday, Sept. 3
- Alumni Hospitality and Information Center, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Martin Alumni Center: Drop by for refreshments, your Class of 2020 T-shirt, cap and gown pick-up, Commencement tickets, and additional information.
- Department Open Houses: 1 – 5 p.m.
- Deans’ Receptions: 5 – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 4
- Alumni Hospitality and Information Center, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Martin Alumni Center: Drop by for refreshments, your Class of 2020 T-shirt, cap and gown pick-up, Commencement tickets, and additional information.
- Lavender Graduation Ceremony, 9 a.m., McKinnon Hall: A ceremony honoring the achievements of LGBTQIA graduates.
- Donning of the Kente Ceremony, 10 a.m., Lakeside Meeting Rooms: A rich cultural ceremony celebrating the achievements of students who recognize their African roots.
- Class of 2020 Family Tailgate, 11 a.m., Lake Mary Nell
- Elon vs. Wofford Football Game, 2 p.m., Rhodes Stadium: Tickets will be available for purchase in mid-July on the athletics website.
- Class of 2020 Celebration, Location to be determined, 7 – 10 p.m.: An evening of live music, dancing, food trucks, beer garden, and conversation with friends.
Sunday, Sept. 5
- Commencement Brunch, 10 – 11:30 a.m., Lake Mary Nell: Graduates and their families are invited to join University leaders for a delicious brunch.
- Class of 2020 Commencement, 1 p.m., Schar Center: These formal ceremonies in caps and gowns will include a message from the class president, the Commencement address from Elon parent Leonard Dick, the President’s charge to graduates, and saplings. Live streamed at www.elon.edu/live.
At this time, each participating graduate can bring four guests to the in-person Commencement ceremony. The university will follow guidelines from local, state, and national health officials regarding COVID-19. All participants and guests are encouraged to be vaccinated. Those who are not vaccinated will be required to wear a mask indoors and are strongly encouraged to be tested before coming to campus.
We look forward to welcoming you, your friends, and your family members back to campus in just over two months!