Throughout Fall Semester, Vice President for Student Life Jon Dooley is providing regular email update messages to keep students and parents informed about the efforts for a healthy semester.
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
Summary of updates in this message
- Status update on campus and in Alamance County
- Testing before Thanksgiving travel
- Campus safety and services during Thanksgiving Break
- COVID-19 vaccine booster shot clinic on-campus – Tuesday, November 30
- Uploading COVID-19 vaccine booster shot documentation
- No Healthy Elon email update next week
The university dashboard is updated on the Healthy Elon website each weekday morning.
- 9 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed among Elon students and employees over the past week, November 10-16. This compares to 3 new cases the previous 7-day period.
- As of yesterday, November 16, there were an estimated 9 active cases among Elon students and employees. This compares to 4 active cases a week ago.
- The majority of North Carolina counties remain in the high community transmission category, including Alamance and Guilford counties. The CDC and state health officials strongly recommend wearing masks in public indoor settings, including stores, restaurants, and other businesses.
Testing before Thanksgiving travel
The testing page of the Healthy Elon website has information about the regular schedule for COVID-19 testing. For those interested in asymptomatic walk-up testing before Thanksgiving break, the testing will be available in McCoy Commons, 207, in the Oaks Neighborhood:
- Wednesday, November 17, 1–3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 18, 9 a.m. – noon and 1–3:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 19, 9 a.m. – noon
- Monday, November 22, 9 a.m. – noon
- Tuesday, November 23, 9 a.m. – noon
Testing will not be offered November 24-26. Regular testing hours will resume on Monday, November 29.
Members of the university community are encouraged to review the CDC guidance for travel as you finalize your travel plans for Thanksgiving and the end of the semester.
Campus safety and services during Thanksgiving Break
- Thanksgiving Break for undergraduate students and some graduate programs begins after evening classes Friday, November 19 and ends at 8 a.m. on Monday, November 29.
- University offices will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 25 and 26, for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Campus services will have modified hours during Thanksgiving Break. Be sure to check Today at Elon for information on revised schedules and links to department websites with more information.
- If you are leaving your vehicle on campus during Thanksgiving Break, please be aware there are several events that may impact where you park for the week, including football game day parking this Saturday. Any vehicles in the Global or Hunt (Schar Center) lots after 6 a.m. Saturday, November 20, will be ticketed and towed.
COVID-19 vaccine booster shot clinic on-campus – Tuesday, November 30
Elon will host an on-campus clinic for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster shots on Tuesday, November 30, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., in Lakeside 212. Advance registration is available now on the Campus Recreation and Wellness website. This clinic is only available for current students, faculty, and staff.
Uploading COVID-19 vaccine booster shot documentation
All university students, faculty, and staff are eligible for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots, as announced previously by the CDC. Elon University Physician Dr. Ginnette Archinal described the importance of booster shots in this brief video.
Elon students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to get their booster shot and upload their vaccine booster documentation here by selecting “booster shot” under the status drop-down menu. Visit the Healthy Elon Vaccination Central page for full information about vaccinations and booster shots.
No Healthy Elon email update next week
The next email update will be sent Wednesday, December 1, at 10:45 a.m., unless an additional message is warranted before then.
Detailed information is always available on the Healthy Elon website, which provides important health and wellness information for students and employees, including what to do if you feel ill, test positive, or have close contact with a positive case. The site also offers responses to frequently asked questions about academics, vaccination, and employee information.
Have a healthy, safe, and relaxing Thanksgiving Break!
Dr. Jon Dooley
Vice President for Student Life