Read this note to find out about changes in university operations during the Thanksgiving Break.
Thanksgiving Break for undergraduate students and some graduate programs begins after evening classes Friday, November 19 and ends at 8 a.m. on Monday, November 29.
As a reminder, throughout this time Campus Safety & Police will operate as normal, 24-hours per day, and can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also assist with connections to the Student Life on-call administrators. On-call crisis counselors are always available at 336-278-2222. SAFEline is also always available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support with identity-based bias, sexual violence, or interpersonal violence – they can also be a confidential resource to access on-call violence responders.
Below are hours of student services operations during the break. Please note that University offices will be closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Residence Halls close on Saturday, November 20 at 10 a.m. and will reopen on Sunday, November 28 at 10 a.m. (This applies to residence halls only. University apartments remain open and accessible throughout the break.)
- Information about requests to stay late or return early can be found on the Break Housing page of the Residence Life website.
- Offices remain open during the break during regular weekday business hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., except Thursday and Friday, November 25 and 26 when University offices are closed.
Parking & Security
- If you are leaving your vehicle on campus during Thanksgiving Break, please be aware there are several events that may impact where you park for the week.
- Please make sure your vehicle is locked and you take any valuables with you.
If you are a Global Neighborhood resident, you may park in the Innovation Quad lot, Historic Neighborhood lot, or the Health Center lot on south campus. Because of the football game on Saturday, November 20, all vehicles must be removed from the Global Neighborhood lot and Hunt (Schar Center) lots before 6 a.m. Saturday, November 20.
- Regardless of living on or off campus, make sure you unplug all appliances, move expensive items away from the windows, remove spare keys from outside your residence, and lock your doors.
Asymptomatic testing in McCoy Commons, 207:
- Tuesday, November 16: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 17: 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 18: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 19: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesday, November 22-23: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- No asymptomatic testing on campus Wednesday, November 24 through Sunday, November 28.
- Note that wait times for walk-up testing immediately before and after Thanksgiving Break may be a bit longer than normal.
Symptomatic student testing at Student Health Services:
- Tuesday, November 16 – Thursday, November 18: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1:30 – 5 p.m.
- Friday, November 19: 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- There will be no symptomatic testing on Saturday, November 20 through Sunday, November 28.
Visit the testing page of the Healthy Elon website for other off-campus COVID-19 testing options.
- The Belk Library will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, November 19 and will operate on a reduced schedule during Thanksgiving Break:
- Saturday, November 20: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, November 21: 12 – 5 p.m.
- Monday, November 22 – Wednesday, November 24: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Closed Thursday, November 25 through Saturday, November 27.
- Belk Library will reopen at 10 a.m. Sunday, November 28 and resume regular operating hours.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information about library hours for Phoenix card holders and community members.
Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Recreation and Wellness facilities will have modified hours during Thanksgiving Break.
- PARC Fitness Center will also remain open daily 6 a.m. – midnight throughout the break.
- Koury Athletic Center will be open through 6 p.m. on Friday, November 19 and will be open 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, November 22 and 23.
- The new outdoor fitness court will also be available throughout the break.
- Visit the Campus Recreation and Wellness website for detailed information about facilities and programs.
- Counseling Services will be closed November 23-26.
- Regular operating hours will resume Monday, November 29.
- TimelyCare “Talk Now” on demand telemental health counseling is available 24/7 throughout the break from anywhere in the United States. For information about how to access the service, visit the appointments page of the Counseling Services website.
- The crisis counselor on-call also remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222.
- If a student is experiencing a psychological emergency that is life threatening or involves imminent danger (risk of harm to self or others at any time), call 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- All dining locations will have modified hours right before and after Thanksgiving Break.
- Most dining locations will be closed for the entire week of November 21, with the exception of Monday and Tuesday, November 22 and 23, when Biscuitville will be open 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Dining locations begin re-opening Sunday, November 28.
- The menu-hours page of the Elon Dining website always has the latest updated information about dining location hours and menus.
- The Moseley Center will close at 8 p.m. on Friday, November 19 and will operate on a reduced schedule during Thanksgiving Break:
- Saturday, November 20: 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, November 21: Closed
- Monday – Wednesday, November 22–24: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Closed Thursday – Saturday, November 25–27
- Moseley Center will reopen at 11 a.m. Sunday, November 28 and resume regular operating hours.
- Visit the Moseley Center website for the schedule and information for airport shuttles. Most shuttle spaces were filled by the November 9 deadline, but you can contact the Moseley Information Desk at 336-278-7215 to inquire whether there is still space available for a particular shuttle time.
- Mail Services will operate on a reduced schedule during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Closed Saturday and Sunday, November 20-21
- Monday – Wednesday, November 22-24: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Closed Thursday – Sunday, November 25-28
- Mail Services will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Monday, November 29 and resume regular operating hours.
- Visit the Mail Services website for updated hours and operations.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services will be closed Saturday, November 20 through Sunday, November 28.
- Regular operating hours will resume on Monday, November 29.
- TimelyCare medical telehealth service is available 24/7 throughout the break. For information about how to access the service, visit the appointments page of the Student Health Services website.
- Visit the Student Health Services website for additional Information about after-hours care and resources in the community.
Transportation and Elon Express
- Transportation and the Elon Express will not operate Saturday, November 20 through Sunday, November 28. On Monday, November 29, all transportation services resume regular schedules at 7 a.m.
- Visit the Elon University Transportation website for the latest news, updates, after-hours resources, and real-time route tracking.