Getting a booster shot and keeping your guard up are just a few ways students, faculty and staff can work toward staying healthy in the new year.
Dear Elon community,
We look forward to starting Winter Term undergraduate classes this Tuesday, January 4 and classes for graduate programs in law, physical therapy, and physician assistant studies on Monday, January 3. As we prepare to return to in-person classes, please be aware of the following important tips and sources of information.
Winter Term Absences/Illnesses
Review Provost Aswani Volety’s Dec. 2 email explaining how illness/absences will be handled during WT.
Check the vaccination page for updates on the booster requirement, on-campus clinics, and new FAQs.
If You Feel Ill or Are a Close Contact
View the resources and guidance on the Health & Wellness web page.
If You Test Positive Before Winter Term Begins
If you test positive before returning to campus, do NOT return to campus. Isolate, follow your doctor or health provider’s instructions, and contact Elon immediately for support:
Students: Contact Student Care & Outreach (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Winter Term faculty member.
Employees: Contact the Office of Human Resources at HREmployeeCovid@elon.edu or 336-278-5560 and your supervisor or department chair.
COVID-19 Testing On-Campus
Asymptomatic testing (McCoy Commons in Oaks Neighborhood) and symptomatic testing (Ellington Center) resume operations Monday, January 3. Visit the testing page for details.
Wishing you a happy New Year,
Jeff Stein, Healthy Elon Committee Chair
- Dan Anderson, Special Assistant to the President
- Ginette Archinal, Medical Director of Student Health and University Physician
- MarQuita Barker, Assistant Dean of Campus Life and Director of Residence Life
- John Barnhill, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Tom Flood, Assistant Vice President of Physical Plant
- Jason Husser, Associate Professor of Political Science and Policy Studies, and Director of the Elon Poll (Academic Council Representative)
- Deandra Little, Assistant Provost, Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and Professor of English
- Paul Miller, Associate Provost for Academic Excellence and Operations and Professor of Exercise Science
- Kelly Reimer, Senior Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies (Staff Council Representative)
- Carrie Ryan, Assistant Vice President for Auxiliary Services
- Kelli Shuman, Associate Vice President for Human Resources & Chief Human Resources Officer
- Gabie Smith, Dean of Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology
- Mary Southern, Project Manager for Provost and Academic Affairs Operations (Project Manager)
- Mike Ward, Deputy Director of Athletics
- Randy Williams, Vice President and Associate Provost for Inclusive Excellence and Assistant Professor of Education