Directed by Julio Matos, associate professor of performing arts, "Movin' On" is a humorous and compelling look at the lives of six successful Broadway performers trying to sing and dance their way out of the chorus line.
The Department of Performing Arts presents the final mainstage show of the academic year with a workshop production of “Movin’ On” from Friday, April 29 through Sunday, May 1 at Roberts Studio Theatre in Scott Studios (next to Arts West).
“Movin’ On” picks up where “A Chorus Line” left off. It tracks the lives of six successful Broadway chorus dancers as they fight to get out of the chorus and into a role of their own. It follows their journey from the turbulent early audition days through the ups and downs of balancing a successful career in the theatre and the challenges of making time for auditions, classes, life, love, family, friends and the dream of something more.
Credits for the production include:
- Music and lyrics by John Franceschina
- Concept and book by Julio Matos, Associate Professor of Performing Arts and Music Theatre Director
- Choreography by Alexandra Joye Warren, Assistant Professor of Performing Arts
- Music Direction by John McCarty, Assistant Professor of Performing Arts
Seating is limited and reservations are strongly encouraged. To reserve your seats, please visit the Elon Performing Arts website. All faculty, staff and students receive free admission with their Phoenix cards; general admission is $15.00.
Performance dates and times for “Movin’ On”:
- Friday, April 29, 7:30 pm
- Saturday, April 30, 2:00 and 7:30 pm
- Sunday, May 1, 2:00 pm