Division of Student Life members were honored at their annual celebration for leadership, contributions and successes on May 3.
The Division of Student Life at Elon University honored staff members, departments and work groups for their achievements and contributions at the annual Student Life End-of-Year luncheon, Wednesday, May 3.
Graduate assistants within the division were also acknowledged during the awards ceremony for their diligence, work ethic and commitment to the division. Special guests in attendance included President Connie Ledoux Book, Provost Rebecca Kohn, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives Jeff Stein, and Student Life retirees.
Academic Partnership Award
The Academic Partnership Award is presented annually to a Student Life professional and department that worked closely with academic partners to design a program or service that purposefully integrates curricular and co-curricular experiences or connects social and intellectual activities in an intentional manner.
- Professional: Mariann King, Residence Life
- Department: Jewish Life, Truitt Center for Religious and Spiritual Life
The Collaboration Award is presented to an individual and department that has excelled in forming partnerships within and/or outside the Division of Student Life to enhance the student experience by advancing the priorities of the division and/or university.
- Professional: Alexis Swider, Student Involvement
- Department: Kernodle Center for Civic Life and Student Involvement
Inclusive Excellence Award
The Inclusive Excellence Award is presented to a professional and department that has demonstrated a commitment to fostering a positive campus climate and community through advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Professional: Simone Royal, Center for Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity Education (CREDE)
- Department: Gender and LGBTQIA Center (GLC)
The Innovation Award is presented to a professional and department that has developed programs, services, or ways of working that are new, unique or forge new pathways in supporting our divisional mission and goals.
- Professional: Shannon Finney, Student Involvement
- Department: The Moseley Center
The Mentoring Award is presented annually to a Student Life professional who is an exceptional mentor to students, engaging with them in purposeful student development activities.
- Professional: Lauren Feeley, Student Involvement
New Professional Award
The New Professional Award is presented to an individual serving in their first or second year at Elon who exhibits exceptional ability and commitment to work as a Student Life professional.
- Professional: Tanner Gill, Residence Life
Professional Achievement Award
The Professional Achievement Award is presented to an individual who has significantly contributed to the student affairs profession.
- Professional: Jonathan McElderry, Dean of Student Inclusive Excellence and Assistant Professor