All students, faculty and staff who report COVID-19 symptoms or who are exposed to the virus must follow the testing, contact tracing and quarantine protocols established by Elon University, the Alamance County Health Department and the State of North Carolina.
If You are Feeling Ill
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or if you do not pass the daily health screening app, please do not come to campus. Instead, isolate and seek medical consultation. Students should contact Student Health Services at 336-278-7230 or visit their Phoenix Health Portal to schedule an appointment for an evaluation/rapid antigen test, if needed, and follow directions as posted on the Student Health Services website.
When a student becomes infected with COVID-19, our focus will be to ensure the student receives medical care and personal support. Could a positive case of COVID-19 result in up to 14 days of quarantine? Yes. But Elon staff and faculty will be there to support you.
If You Feel Ill or Experience Symptoms of COVID-19:
Avoid All Contact with Others
Stay at home or in your room. Do not go to class, work, dining halls, etc.
Contact a Healthcare Provider
Students: Call Student Health Services at 336-278-7230 or visit their Phoenix Health Portal to schedule an appointment for an evaluation/rapid antigen test, if needed. After hours, follow the guidance on the Student Health Services website.
Faculty Staff: Contact your healthcare provider or Faculty/Staff Wellness if you do not have another health care provider. Please also provide confidential notification to Human Resources (Stephanie Page at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-278-5560) and your supervisor to discuss how to ensure your care and privacy, as well as make work arrangements.
Quarantine or Isolate
You will be asked to quarantine or isolate until your test results are in or while you are seeking treatment. See our quarantine and isolation protocols for more information. Please note: All questions about quarantine and isolation dates should be directed to the Carolina Community Tracing Collaborative Service Line at 844-628-7223. They are open daily 7 a.m.–7 p.m. EST.
Follow the Directions from Medical Professionals
- Students testing through Elon’s testing site will receive results within three hours. Visit the My Readiness site to see your results.
- Those with positive results are required to immediately return to the gym to take a PCR test and then quarantine at least until those results are returned within 24-48 hours (to avoid any chance of false positives).
- Those with a positive result, confirmed by a positive PCR test, will be required by the Health Department to isolate for 10 days. Close contacts to positive cases will also be required to quarantine for 14 days.
- Students should begin isolation immediately and limit exposure to others.
- If you have a shared bedroom:
Notification of Close and Expanded Contacts
Your close and expanded contacts will be notified so they can take the necessary precautions. See our notification and contact tracing protocols for more information.