Love School of Business joins International Partnership of Business Schools
Elon is the newest partner in the international network of business schools.
Elon University’s Martha and Spencer Love School of Business joined the International Partnership of Business Schools (IPBS), a consortium of 12 leading business schools in the U.S., Europe and Latin America, in fall 2017.
The IPBS is dedicated to the development of a lifelong cross-cultural international community of business students, alumni, professors, researchers and staff. Partner schools offer undergraduate programs granting dual degrees that require study in two countries and promote language and cultural fluency along with business aptitude.
The Love School of Business offers a four-year dual degree program in partnership with ESB Business School in Reutlingen, Germany, NEOMA Business School in Reims, France, Universidad Pontificia Comillas-ICADE in Madrid, Spain, and Universitá Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore in Piacenza, Italy. Students can earn a B.S.B.A. in international business from Elon and a second degree from a partner institution. The program involves a two-year immersion in another language and culture in a partner country, full-time, semester-long work experience in a partner country, and a capstone undergraduate research experience.
“Joining the IPBS builds on Elon’s strengths in global engagement and preparing students to be leaders in a multicultural world,” said Raghu Tadepalli, dean of the Love School of Business. “Our dual-degree students develop a high level of proficiency in the language of the country they will spend two years in. They take all their courses in that language, write a thesis in that language, and complete an internship in that country. The deep cultural immersion and the experience from their internship broadens their learning and prepares them to deal with the complexity and opportunities of a diverse world.”
IPBS partner schools include:
- Fundação Getulio Vargas Sao Paulo School of Business Administration (Brazil)
- NEOMA Business School (France)
- Reutlingen University ESB Business School (Germany)
- Dublin City University Business School (Ireland)
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy)
- Universidad de las Américas Puebla School of Business and Economics (Mexico)
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas-ICADE (Spain)
- Lancaster University Management School (U.K.)
- Northeastern University D’Amore-McKim School of Business (U.S.)
- N.C. State University Poole College of Management (U.S.)
- University of San Diego School of Business (U.S.)
- Elon University Martha and Spencer Love School of Business (U.S.)
“The IPBS and its members have been innovators in international business education for over 35 years, starting with one of the first undergraduate business dual degree programs,” said Associate Professor Mark Kurt, director of Elon’s business dual-degree program. “Joining the IPBS gives Elon access to this network of internationally recognized business schools with opportunities for new academic partnerships, as well as student and faculty exchanges.”